Miss Philippines makes the Top 5 Finalist in the Ms Universe Pageant.

Discussion in 'The Den' started by Datu Tim Hartman, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Janice and I found ourselves watching parts of the Ms Universe Pageant the other night. To our surprise Maria Venus Raj (Ms. Philippines) was one of the finalists. It seemed that she had a real shot at willing it all until the final question. Billy Baldwin asked her what mistakes she made in life and how did she fix them. What followed was a train wreck. At the end of the show Maria ended up in 5th place. It always come down to those dawn Baldwin brothers!

0229858355085.jpg

[yt]diOBeIgzLLo[/yt]

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Well, she did quite well overall!

3. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

That's a crummy question to ask, especially in light of the various scandals that pageants have had. Sounded like Baldwin was digging for dirt more than anything else.

She's a beautiful lady. Hope she does well in the contest.

4. pguinto

pguinto New Member

I have to disagree. It's not about the question, it's about how it's answered. I question like that is meant to showcase her intelligence and quick wit. A proper response could have been anything, followed by how it has made her stronger or a better person in some way; something that anyone listening could possible apply to themselves. Her response showed that she is not a quick thinker (under pressure maybe). It showed that she couldn't go beyond the facade of a seemingly simple question and turn it into something more intricately interesting and life changing.

5. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Agreed! At the end of the day it doesn't matter what the motivation was, she was asked a question and blew the answer. BTW I'm not suggesting that any of us could have done better. We weren't on TV being watched by millions! Anyone can be an armchair quarterback. Placing 5th in a field of 83 is a great accomplishment!