Miscellaneous Modern Stick Usage.

Discussion in 'Misc. Stick Arts' started by arnisador, Feb 21, 2006.

1. chiangmaiheadman

chiangmaiheadman New Member

The other day I was in a roadside stand I found and purchased a stick weapon known as a com faq. It is an ancient Thai weapon about 14 inches long. it is 4 sided like a table leg and is made of varnished teak, is taperd and has a lanyard to make it easier to retain. About 20 years ago many people carried these weapons in rural areas for defense, and their used to be a tv show here called Com faq about a com faq expert who fought gangsters. There were some good sequences of people training to use the com faq, though the show itself was ridiculous. In one episode gangsters were firing at the hero, and he was batting the bullets away with the com faq.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Eviction Notice

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      48.6 KB
      Views:
  3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Seen on MT.

Golfers arrested after fighting off gang attempting to steal clubs

A group of golfers have been arrested on assault charges after allegedly fighting off a gang who attempted to steal their clubs.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Father-of-four beaten to death after confronting teenagers outside home

A father of four, Craig Wass, was beaten to death after he confronted a group of drunken teenagers outside his home, just two weeks before his wedding.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Attached Files:

• 1k.jpg
      1k.jpg
      File size:
      123.8 KB
      Views:
  9. Darrin Cook

Darrin Cook New Member

Band Member Defends Herself with a Baton

I'm interested in this thread because I've been collecting these kinds of incidents and will include them in my blog.

Here's one.
    A 17 year old band member was walking to school one morning when two muggers attacked her from behind. They tried to grab her coat and demanded money. She punched one in the nose, kicked the other in the groin, and then began beating them with her marching band baton. Both men fled the scene and are being sought by police.

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Copenhagen.

Police Beat Back Massed Climate Protesters

Note how the lefty and righty have actually interlocked arms and crossed sticks due to the crowding:

Attached Files:

11. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

12. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Clashes: Iranian opposition supporters fight with police

(It looks to me in the left that a protester is using a police baton against a policeman.)

Attached Files:

• 1c.jpg
      1c.jpg
      File size:
      51.1 KB
      Views:
  13. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

14. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

15. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

TSA officer uses expandable police baton--on a co-worker.

Miami airport screener accused of attack after jeers at genitals

A Miami airport screener, agitated at continued ribbing after colleagues saw his body parts in an imaging scanner, attacked a colleague, police said.

Leaving aside the make-your-own-joke part of this story...are security screeners actually issued batons? If so, are they trained in their use?