Mind Blowing FMA Project Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by equilibrium, Jun 14, 2014.

1. equilibrium

equilibrium New Member

Can't really say much right now, but this is going to be revolutionary.

[video=youtube_share;mC3zlvY1FrQ]http://youtu.be/mC3zlvY1FrQ[/video]

2. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

3-D kinematic breakdown of the Pekiti Tirsia System?

We have a pretty similar set up in our biomechanics lab.

3. equilibrium

equilibrium New Member

Have you done any work on Pekiti-Tirsia in the lab? What is the end result or application of what you do in your lab?

4. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

No, I have done nothing martial arts related in the lab.

Our lab is primarily used for research and teaching. The data is published and used to inform best practice in the broad areas of Strength & Conditioning and Sports/Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (pretty much anyone with an interest in human movement). My own research has involved athletes from a variety of sports (football, soccer, track and field, cycling, distance running, etc.). Two of my studies were also inter-disciplinary in that they involved the synthesis of taking biomechanical data and using it to inform feedback schedules designed from relevant motor learning research (the acquisition of physical skills), to improve performance in different tasks (one of my very good friends has his doctorate in Motor Learning with a minor in Cognitive Psychology so have collaborated on occasion).

My own doctoral work was in Physiology with a minor in Biomechanics and my masters work was pretty much the reverse of that. In addition, I teach in the areas of Biomechanics, Functional Anatomy, Motor Learning, and Exercise Physiology. I am also an expert reviewer for many journals in the human movement sciences as well as for professional societies such as the International Society of Biomechanics in Sports, the American College of Sports Medicine, and the National Strength and Conditioning Association.

That's me in a nutshell. If there is anything I might be able to do in terms of collaboration, shoot me a PM.

Cheers,

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  5. odalisay

odalisay Member

Looks very promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. odalisay

odalisay Member

jwinch2,

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the biomechanics on Pekiti Tirsia and your thoughts on building functional strength for Pekitir Tirsia.

I wanted to get your thoughts on Kelly Starrett. I have been doing crossfit for almost a year now and have found some of his teachings make sense. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Shoot me a PM if you like, and I will try to answer whatever questions you have.

8. LRC

LRC New Member

Will be very interesting to see what comes out of this!

9. equilibrium

equilibrium New Member