Mexico City... November 10-11, 2007.

Discussion in 'Lameco' started by Guro Dave Gould, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Guro Dave Gould

Guro Dave Gould LAMECO ESKRIMA SYSTEM

Hi guys,

I hope that everyone is well and that all are keeping challenged by their daily training.

For those in Mexico interested in learning more about Lameco Eskrima I will be conducting a 2 day seminar in Mexico City on November 10-11, 2007. Prepare well because as always this will be a very intense course which most will find physically demanding.

We will be concentrating on 4 areas of training over 2 days:

* Solo-Garote (single stick).
    * Baraw (knife).
    * Doble-Garote (double stick).
    * Doble-Baraw (double knife).

For More information about this event either contact me or my representative in Mexico City:

Lucio Alcala
    tribulameco@yahoo.com.mx

Hola a todos,

Espero mucho que cada uno han estado bien. El acontecimiento proximo de Lameco Eskrima en México; D.F. será el 10-11 de Noviembre de 2007.

Prepárese bien porque cada vez que vengo al México lo más se requiere de cada uno. Cuando entrena como si su vida dependa de ella entonces peleará como si lo haga también.

Nosotros concentrarémos en 4 áreas del entrenamiento sobre dos días;

* Solo-Garote (solo-baston).
    * Baraw (cuchillo).
    * Doble-Garote (doble-baston).
    * Doble-Baraw (doble cuchillo).

Para los detalles del este acontecimiento por favor ponerse en contacto con Lucio Alcala:

tribulameco@yahoo.com.mx

Miro adelante a ver cada uno alli otra vez muy pronto. Que les vayan bien, ciao.

Guro Dave Gould.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

How did this go?

3. Guro Dave Gould

Arnisador,

Thank you for inquiring about the seminar! Actually I have conducted Lameco Eskrima seminars consistently in Mexico since October of 2000. I typically conduct these seminars annualy in February (Presidents day Week-end) and November (Veterans day week-end).

This last seminar was great as all of my tribes are really coming along in addition to the many Lameco Eskrima enthusiasts who attend these seminars, with the majority coming from distant locations from all across Mexico. I have three official Lameco Eskrima tribes established in Mexico; 1) Mexico-City headed by Lucio Alcala. 2) Pachuca headed by Juan Carlos Munoz. 3) Morelos headed by Alejandro Garduno. All of whom have been faithfully training Lameco Eskrima with me since October of 2000.

As well there is much interest in numerous other students and groups wanting to form their own Lameco tribes in various parts of Mexico but due to time constraints on my part that just is not possible at this time. One day in the future I intend to further open up Mexico and other Central and South American countries to the legacy of Punong Guro Edgar G. Sulite.

The seminars are alway very physical, demanding and quite challenging so I have to give kudos to all that show up time and time again, year after year as it is because of them that Lameco Eskrima is flourishing in their country. I am blessed to have such dedicated and loyal students in Mexico and in numerous other countries around the world.

My next seminar in Mexico-City will be February 16-17, 2008 (Presidents day week-end). As always I eagerly await the kind hospitality that my students and friends there always bestow on me while I am fortunate enough to be a guest in their homeland.

For those whom have never been to Mexico I highly suggest it for a quick and convenient vacation or holiday. The country and people are rich with history be it 500 years of Spanish influence or 2000 plus years of meso-american influence primarily from the Omec, toltec, totonic, Mayan and Aztec cultures who have left behind hundreds of very interestng ancient civilations and exotic ruins to be explored. The pyramids, palaces, ball- courts and collosal stone heads bekon for exploration and regardless of what you may have heard about Mexico it is safe. I have visited these ancient sites mostly all alone and I have never encountered any danger or problems which people have a misconception about regarding this beautiful country.

Again Arnisador thank you for inquiring about this event. Go well, ciao.

Guro Dave Gould.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

That's great! I didn't realize the art was so popular in Mexico. I'm glad to see that Mr. Sulite's legacy is being continued by so many instructors.

5. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

Yeas, I'd say that Guro Gould should be commended for probably being the currently most active bearer of the Lameco leagcy, in the sense of trying to make it wide-spread.

I wish you all the best in your future efforts sir, with the hope of actually meeting you on one ofthose occasions...

6. Guro Dave Gould

Dragan,

Hello there, I hope that all is well with you. Thank you for the kind words but I have to say that numerous people are doing great things for Lameco Eskrima and collectively we will all take this magnificent fighting system into the next century passing PG Sulites knowledge onto numerous future generations to come.

We the direct students of PG Sulite and Lameco Eskrima are simply building on the shoulders of giants. Just as Punong Guro Sulite built Lameco Eskrima on the shoulders of his Grand masters we the students of Edgar Sulite continue that tradition in propagating his great system to those who seek it out the world over.

Again thank you for the kind words Dragan I can assure you that they are taken with much appreciation. As well I look forward to the day that we can meet in person. Maybe Spain? I will be there in Madrid to conduct a seminar on March 8, 2008. It would be great if you could attend.

Go well, ciao.

Guro Dave Gould.