Meet Guro Glenn Lobo

Discussion in 'Lightning Scientific Arnis' started by Shaun, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Hi guys.Please let me tell you a bit about Guro Glenn as he probably will not introduce himself
    Glenn is a great martial artist.He has been training in Silat for 25 years and is a true Master of Silat.
    Glenn has been training in L.S.A.I. since 1994 and holds an Instructor certificate from Mang Ben.

2. GLENNLOBO

GLENNLOBO New Member

Hi

thanks Shaun.. has it really been that long!?!

hi to the lightning brethren. i know a few of you from email in the past. i look forward to meeting more of you in person.

3. Christian

Christian New Member

He is also a great Osteopath. I like the combination of healing and destroying :)

Regards
    Christian

4. GLENNLOBO

GLENNLOBO New Member

in all seriousness, one helps the other. knowing how to destroy necessitates the knowledge of how to heal. how is your leg etc i'd forgotten about that. totally focussed on the training!!

5. Christian

Christian New Member

Thanks for asking, it is not good yet but much better than it was. I hope it´s getting better step by step.

Regards
    Christian

6. JoeBrandt

JoeBrandt Member

Maybe it's better to amputate it?!?!

Best to you
    Joe

7. Christian

Christian New Member

I am just not sure either to use a Karambit or a Kris to do the surgery :)

Regards
    Christian

8. GLENNLOBO

GLENNLOBO New Member

amputation

if you could amputate it, pack it nicely and send it here i will continue to work on it regularly an send it back in tip top condition.. i hope i dont confuse it and send you back the one for the 25 year old girl i'm currently working on.. i will send the battle kerambit for the operation.. bigger blade!!

9. Christian

Christian New Member

10. JoeBrandt

JoeBrandt Member

@Glenn:

Here is another deal:
    You can keep Christian's leg for yourself. Please send me
    Best to you
    Joe:EvilGrin:

11. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

:) Yes Glen my old boy, you too are getting old with the rest of us.

Good to see you here, see you guys at the FMA Festival soon.

Hey people he ain't half bad at Silat or FMA for an old geezer hahaha!

Best regards

Pat

12. GLENNLOBO

GLENNLOBO New Member

b*****cks

... to you my friend!!

the difference is that i dont LOOK any older lol, of course the zimmer frame and the presenile dementia give it away. hopefully see you at seni!! since i'm a fat soft southerner my life has been relatively easy.. no living in paper bags on't middle of motorway working 35 hour days down coalmines then coming home and working another 10 hour shift. i'm still wearing well lol..

getting my FMA better and sharper again thanks to Shaun, oh to be peter pan in more than just looks lol

pass the WD40

13. Beungood

Beungood New Member

What is an Osteopath? Is it like a Chiropractor?

14. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

In the U.S., an osteopath is a physician just like an M.D. save that osteopaths get some additional training in chiropractic-like techniques (though both would say that they specific methods are based on different theories). Elsewhere an osteopath is closer to a physical therapist with authority to act independently and hence somewhat like a chiropractor.

15. GLENNLOBO

GLENNLOBO New Member

outside of the US the similarity is greater, though there are fundamental differences. osteopaths generally work with more soft tissue (massage) techniques, and chiropractic manipulation tends to be more forceful. in essence the 2 are very similar. as with FMA's we all think that what we do is better than the others because it suits us and our personal philosophies. of course someone will look for a cause for an arguement because they want to prove a point, but we have different perspectives of the same issue

oh and thank you for the compliment Christian

16. Pat OMalley

b******s you say, well at least they have not gone grey yet.

I am no longer up north tha knows, I moved even further south to Torquay, you will have to come visit, it is where the old people like us go to retire and die:EvilGrin:, You may be better looking old boy but I got personality:)

See you at seni in the car park, zimmer frames at dawn and all that old chap.

Best regards

Pat

17. GLENNLOBO

GLENNLOBO New Member

Duel

bring your denture and haemmorrhoid creams old man, you're going DOWN!!!

18. Pat OMalley

You may fall foul of my secret gum sucking techniques:EvilGrin:

19. GLENNLOBO

GLENNLOBO New Member

gum sucking

hey there old man.. i'm gonna have to pass on the kind offer to suck gums with you during seni.. emailed yr prettier half!! ( and i mean lucy not your a**e lol) wouldnt want you rusting up in the car-park
    hope to see you soon