Master Pedring Romo in fight for life

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by eskrimakaliarnis.com, May 12, 2010.

1. Dear All,

It is with great sadness I report that Master Pedring Romo (GM Yuli's brother) has suffered a near fatal accident here in the Philippines.

The exact nature is unclear but we know he has suffered a broken neck and bone fragments have impacted upon his lungs. He is rated at 50 / 50 and will be paralyzed if he does pull through.

GM Yuli has asked me to let people know as the family of Master Pedring are trying to get the necessary 280,000 pesos (about $6,000) to pay for the operation.

Any donation no matter how small would be greatly appreciated and would also help towards the ongoing cost of care - medical bills being what they are in the Philippines :(

Please feel free to discuss this with me further,

Simon.

2. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

I will definitely keep them in my prayers.

3. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Is there an address that we can send funds to ? Maybe GM Yuli's home in Bulacan ?

4. Hi Louie,

Thanks for your message.

GM Yuli is currently in Morocco and is trying to get a flight back to be with his brother. I am not sure of his exact address in Valenzuela City.

You can always send it to my postal address or through PNB / Paypal as we are passing all money on to the family.

Simon.

5. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Hi Simon,

I always use a remittance company here in Vancouver and they deliver door-to-door in Metro Manila. Can you provide me with your address or GM Yuli.

Pls send info to e-mail: louie_lindo@yahoo.ca

Regards,

Louie

6. Thanks Louie.

Email sent.

7. Hi All,

Thanks again for your donations and good wishes.

The latest information I hear is that the injury is not as bad as first feared. He is able to sit up and eat unassisted now. He will be able to leave hospital soon as the bill for care is around 300k (Pesos) so obviously that has caused hardship for the family.

At the moment, there are no plans for an operation and it is unclear if he will be able to walk again. I will post more news when I get it.

Simon.

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

It's good to know that things were less bad than initially feared, even though not being able to walk is a serious result--I hope that the news continues to be relatively encouraging.

9. tupang itim

tupang itim New Member

Hi Simon,

If Mr. Pedring Romo's family still needs financial help, please pm me your PNB account details and I'll see what I can do.

10. Hi Roel,

I will check how he is.

The last I heard he was released from hospital and can sit up a little bit.

I am not sure how they're doing financially but I will check and report back.

Simon.

11. michigankalisilat

michigankalisilat New Member

Was wondering if there is any update to the masters condition?

Eric