Magazine on "practical fighting..."

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by jwinch2, Jan 19, 2009.

1. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

http://alivepfc.com/

Looks interesting... But who knows? The RBSD rags I have seen in the past turned out to be pretty bad for the most part.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Hmmm, depends how ad-driven it is I suppose.

3. AlivePFC

AlivePFC New Member

Alive Practical Fighting Concepts magazine isn't about ads. We've reviewed other magazines that consist of two articles, and a thousand ads...and the articles aren't very well written either. We concentrate on the functional application of martial arts to dangerous situations in real life. I understand that other "practical" rags on the market have let their readers down. That is why we decided to create my own. I'm not a fan of throwing smoke-bombs, or tossing dinner plates in the midst of a knife-fight...which one of the practical articles we read had stated was the tactic of a real knife-fighter. Plus, I'm wanting to get active in a lot of the martial arts forums, find out what people want to know, what they have questions about, and how I and my writers can answer those questions in the best way possible.

4. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Well it is inexpensive to try one month at $3.95 to see if we like it. [​IMG]

5. AlivePFC

AlivePFC New Member

Well Brian,

I hope you will get a subscription and check it out. You can go to our newly redesigned and even read a sample article or 3. (minus pictures) You can see the added content and get your subscription. We are also going to be at the Buffalo Martial Arts and Fitness Expo in March. We are on the move be sure to subscribe so you can keep up with all we do. We will sponsor events, seminars, produce dvds, books, and much more to help you get the best, most effective, realistic, and practical martial arts training available.

6. AlivePFC

AlivePFC New Member

It has been awhile since I posted anything. Update: New logo, new items in online store, first issue almost done, New magazine editor and social media director, australian subscribers, and much more. Just thought I'd let y'all know. Post more later