Mabuhay From The Philippines

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by BoyTaga, Apr 1, 2010.

1. BoyTaga

BoyTaga New Member

What's up guys, n00b here from the Philippines. Made in The Philippines, Tempered in Batangas as my signature says.

Brief intro, my martial arts journey started with the usual Karatedo when I was a kid until high school, reaching a respectable one belt shy of the black belt. I was baptized into Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu around college by one of the well known representative of the sport/fighter - instructor from the equally very well known clan from Brazil. The last recent stop of my journey was practicing Muay Thai in a gym that bears the surname of one of the most famous Filipino boxers.
    You could say that I could be a candidate to host Human Weapon or Fight Quest with all the fighting disciplines I've tried or has studied HAHA!

My baptism of PTK fire was very very recent and came from no other than Grand Tuhon himself, Grand Tuhon Leo T. Gaje Jr. and with the assistance of Sir Arthur Philip Villanueva of PTK-Florida/Florida Pitbulls for which I am grateful. From here on, there's no looking back and no more thinking of studying other disciplines, I'm unpacking my bags and will stay with PTK and FMA.

Cheers everyone!

2. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Welcome to the site and FMA in general. I also found FMA after several years of bouncing around among other arts. I wish I had found it much sooner in life but there is nothing which can be done for that except to train harder...

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! I too started at Karate, made brown belt, and later ended up in the FMA. Sometimes I still fall back into Karate modes but less and less each year!