Mabuhay from Da Philly Burbs!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Dagadiablo, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Dagadiablo

Dagadiablo New Member

Mabuhay,

Just joined the forum not too long ago. Great place to talk about the F.M.A. and I am proud that the administrators are doing such a great job maintaining this site!!

Anyways, my family and I just moved to the East Coast from Honolulu and LOVE it hear. So far, everyone has been great. Originally, I am from Stockton, CA (center of Filipino American History and martial arts) and my family is from Cebu, Philippines. In fact, I decided to go back to the Cebu to learn my cultural heritage, go to college, and play some eskrima along the way!

So, between Honolulu, Stockton and Cebu I have picked up a vast amount of knowledge (from over 25 years). I am so proud that the FMA is finally getting the respect that it deserves! I will be sharing so of my knowledge by holding classes in the Valley Forge, PA area as well as Center City/Philly and Berwyn, PA areas.

Also, I'll see everyone at GT Leo Gaje's seminar on the 13th and 14th!
    Kind of a weird coincidence but that same weekend Guro Dan Inosanto will be at TriState martial arts, GM Diony Canete will be in the area as well as GM Atillo from Atillo Balintawak. Too bad they weren't giving seminars on alternate weekends! :(

BTW, we don't have a site yet, but plz look on YouTube.com and search for Malaya Martial Arts. This will give you an idea of what we do. But plz, no weirdo inquiries. You wanna be "Rambo" types need to go elsewhere!

Warm regards and Mabuhay!

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! We'll look forward to checking out your web site when it comes up!

3. Dagadiablo

Dagadiablo New Member

Salamat, Arnisidor! You are always so warm and welcoming! R U Filipino? :) Keep up the good work!

4. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Welcome, Dagadiablo! Glad you joined us. Hope you like it here! :)

5. Combative Edge

Combative Edge New Member

Hello Dagadiablo. Where exactly in the Philly burbs are you? I am in Exton/ West Chester area. I look foward to seeing you at the seminar. Great Video also.

Take Care

Rob

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Sadly, no! But thanks for your kind words anyway.

7. Dagadiablo

Dagadiablo New Member

Hi Rob,

I live in King of Prussia. I can walk to the Valley Forge Convention Center! So, needless to say I was ecstatic to hear that GT Gaje was giving a seminar there, organized by you! In fact, I contacted you about a month ago about the seminar and to get Private time with GT Gaje. I look forward to meeting and working out with you!

Humbly yours,

Patrick

8. Dagadiablo

Dagadiablo New Member

Hi Carol and Arnisador!

Thank you both for your inviting reception and the good work you do on this site! I hope I get the chance to one day get to "play" with you!

Dagadiablo

9. Combative Edge

Combative Edge New Member

Oh Yes. I remember. Didn't know who it was by the name Dagadiablo.

I will be gone next week, but after that if you would like to get together before he gets here we could set something up. Always great to meet and train w/ other FMArtists. Especially ones with your backround. Plus were only about 10 min away from each other.

Talk soon
    Rob

10. Carol

Thanks for being a part of the community, Dagadiablo!

Likewise, I hope to get a chance to play as well.

Working on attending the Valley Forge seminar...I've reached out to a couple FMA people in the area to see if they are interested in making the trip with me. Don't have anything set yet but we'll see how things go.

11. Dagadiablo

Dagadiablo New Member

Hey Rob,

Sounds great! I'd love to have the chance to work out and learn from you. Do you hold any classes or training groups in PTK out in Exton?
    My "cup is always empty" and I am very thirsty!

BTW, your knives look amazing!! When will they be available for sale?

Mabuhay,

Pat

12. Dagadiablo

Dagadiablo New Member

Hi Carol,

I hope you can make it! But boy, all the way from Massachusetts?!! Wow, you are truly a dedicated martial artist!

Warm regards,

Patrick

13. St. Bernard

St. Bernard New Member

Dagadiablo,

I wanted to say the blade work in your video was superb. I was very impressed. The one technique where you did a reverse abdominal aorta cut while from the receiver's belly to sternum while standing on his shoulders was something I've never seen before and it was outstanding!
    Looking forward to seeing you at the Valley Forge seminar.

14. Dagadiablo

Dagadiablo New Member

Salamat, Black Demon!

I look forward to meeting you! Mabuhay!

Daga Diablo

15. Carol

Hi Patrick,

Thanks so much, although that compliment may need to be deferred until I actually get there. I've contacted the people I know that may be interested in being my training partner for the seminar. If any of them agree, we'll be there! :)

16. St. Bernard

St. Bernard New Member

Don't sweat that, Carol. Two or three people from the KDC will be there, you think I'd let you not have a training partner? We've got you covered.

17. Carol

Are you serious? :bow: :bow: I can be annoying to train with though...I'm a noobie so I don't know all that much. Plus, the (overtly structured) mindset of an engineer is usually very different than the mindset of a martial artist. I don't want to frustrate anyone, or interfere with their enjoyment of the seminar.

18. St. Bernard

St. Bernard New Member

Of course I'm serious. We'd even make you an honorary KDC member, you just need a mask :EvilGrin:.
    If you came all the way down here from Mass to train in our hometown, we wouldn't let you down.

19. Carol

Sweeeeet!!! Thank you so much! :bow: I'm very humbled by your spirit of kapatiran. I don't want to let you down either.

Now I need to go find a mask. Considering i live in the Salem, Massachusetts area, I'm guessing that shouldn't be much of a problem...LOL!

20. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Carol, I was just in NJ training with Prof. Pallen and a few of the people training there are form Philly and the surrounding area, and they're always up for helping someone out. I've also been training at seminars in that area for about 7 years now and I have yet to not be able to find someone who will work with either myself or one of my students and let me tell you one of my guys has the enginering mindset, plus adult ADD, so he's not exactly the easiest guy to train with.