Low cost texting to the Philippines???

Discussion in 'General' started by JGray, Oct 9, 2010.

1. JGray

JGray New Member

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]I miss my wife who’s in the Philippines right now for a vacation and I’m left here in San Diego (job call). Been calling her but it really costs me much. I also tried texting her but its still heavy even with my international plan. Tried also Chikka but it cost her much to text me back. What’s the best way to text between the US and the Philippines without both of us spending much? Please help…. [/FONT]LL[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

2. Filipinos (and I'd wager "Filipinas" ) are like the number 1 users of facebook.

Why don't you send a text through Skype / chika and then ask her to get on Facebook / Yahoo chat? After all, those 2 services are free.,,,,,You can even get her to set up a skype account (also free) and have a free video call.

3. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

I use MSN messenger or Skype with most of my international clients at work.

4. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

How about majic jack or any phone service through the internet?

5. robe2288

robe2288 New Member

[FONT=&quot]Check out www.spidertext.com. I’ve been using it for a long time now. Saved me a lot. It only costs 5cents to send and receive and 1 peso or FREE for them to reply back. I like their service. . [/FONT]

6. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

What about our Local Sim cards used. Globe Roaming or Smart roaming would do the trick. Ask her for it