looking for JKD training in China

Discussion in 'JKD-Kali' started by madmicah, Aug 26, 2007.

1. madmicah

madmicah New Member

moving to Beijing in the next 9 months and trying to find JKD/Kali instruction out there. found a couple of places that look decent for other non-Chinese arts (muay thai, etc) but so far zero JKD/Kali/FMA.

any suggestions? resources?
    tks

2. corwin137

corwin137 Slayer of knuckledraggers

I have a great guy in Hong Kong if you don't mind going off the mainland. He's arguably a RBSD guy, but works on principle, all ranges of combat and etc. PM me if you're interested.

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I knew there was JKD in Hong Kong but I don't know if it's in Beijing. How long will you be there? Is it worth trying to find some Wing Chun as a substitute?

4. madmicah

madmicah New Member

JKD in Beijing/HK

looks like i'll be there for about 3 years (!!!!), plenty of time to try out some different stuff. i would definitely be up for wing chun - just hooked on Kali/JKD/FMA right now and thought i'd try my luck at finding some in Beijing. but if you have recommendations on wing chun folks i can track down, i'd be interested in getting names/contact info.

wing chun prob the only chinese style that really interests me....don't know too much about northern styles of Chinese kung fu but what i do know doesn't make me want to pursue them.....

5. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Member

Did you train in JKD in this area? (DC metro area) Who were you with?

Just curious. I'm afraid I'm of no help regarding your actual question. :\

6. madmicah

madmicah New Member

JKD in DC

ha! thanks for nuthin'! :)

i have been training at One Spirit Martial Arts (www.onespiritmartialarts.com) in Herndon, VA. Instructor is a guy named Dennis Barongan, teaches Inosanto-blend of Kail/JKD....

7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Member

Well, you were more help to me than I was to you. :) I was wondering who was teaching the new kali program at One Spirit. I've been round there a couple of times myself. To do the muay thai program.

Stuart

8. madmicah

madmicah New Member

cool - next time you are there, look me up. i'm the most tattooed kali student in the place....

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Any luck finding a place to train in China?

10. kaharris95

kaharris95 New Member

Hi,
    I am in HK and have been looking all over for JKD instruction, plenty of wing tsun, but, i cant find JKD, could you tell me who you know and where they are?
    I would be most grateful,
    Thanks a lot.

11. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I myself don't have any leads there...but Wing Chun is at least good background for it?

12. EliasPFS

EliasPFS New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avjCx2y5MGw

I found this, anyway I think that wing chun, would probably be a good idea, sanshou also. I think if you know how to box, then just take the wing chun traps and apply them to boxing, or sanshou, and then, kinda synthesize it to make what works for you.

13. EliasPFS

EliasPFS New Member

JKD in HK

Just in case anybody goes to Hong Kong, check out Lewis Luk. I believe he is the head of the Hong King JKD Association.