Looking for Balintawak in Providence,Rhode Island

Discussion in 'Balintawak' started by teovel'sBalintawak, Jan 4, 2007.

1. teovel'sBalintawak

teovel'sBalintawak New Member

Hey guys,

Do you know anyone here in Providence,Rhode Island who practice or teach Balintawak ? Please let me know I would greatly appreciate it ! I'm looking for someone that I can workout with. I normally drive about 4 hours almost every weekend to New York to train with the Great Master Zack Taco. When I left Cebu I was rank as an Assistant Instructor Trainee. Hope to hear you guys anytime soon.

Thank You.

2. Soncen

Soncen Teovel Balintawak

Hello,

I have a diffuculty in replying your message in private. Pwede anhi na lang dinhi?

Regards,

Wilson

3. teovel'sBalintawak

Basta ikaw Master walay problema.

Salamat

4. jefsoriano

jefsoriano New Member

I am sorry I missed you in Rhode Island. I moved from Providence a year ago and have been training with GM Taboada. I visit Providence 2-3 times a year - maybe we can train when I visit?!
    ~j.soriano

5. teovel'sBalintawak

No problem my friend just let me know if you are in Providence. Taboada is also from the Velez Balintawak Lineage but almost 30 older:D and senior than me .

take care

6. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Member

I have a friend who's up that way. He has some background in Doce Pares, though not extensive. He's also got some background in muay thai. I saw your contact information on another forum. Okay for him to contact you?

Stuart

7. teovel'sBalintawak

Yes my friend no problem

8. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Member

Great! Thanks. I'll pass your information along.

Stuart

9. teovel'sBalintawak

helo

Who wants to learn the Velez way of Balintawak Escrima here in Rhode Island? I teach for free those who are interested you can PM me or see me at Roger Williams Park every saturday.

Best Regards

10. teovel'sBalintawak

Here is a link of our demonstration last March in New Jersey with one of my Balintawak brother. This is a presentation of Teovel's Balintawak basic pushing and hitting drills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6X3Py2DnlE

11. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Cool! The push to the bicep reminds me of something Remy Presas occasionally did but rarely discussed (esp. against the forehand strike). We were talking about this at the WMAA instructors' camp as we watched some old tapes of him!

12. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

Page 108 of the book with the "pink Cover" - Outside Armpit Lock.

13. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Thanks!

Eh, doesn't sound very appealing, does it?

14. teovel'sBalintawak

One basic application we demonstrated was the push on the right side only. A push can actually be a strike. There are 5 basic angles of were the left hand can land it can be at the right side (Top and bottom), left side(Top and bottom) and the center. The second basic application we demonstrated was the 4 sides hitting point with the feeder giving openings to the student. Other basic drills of Teovel's Balintawak like pulling,butting,elbow,handling,head butting,clippings and sweeping were not included yet.

15. teovel'sBalintawak

My mistake sorry we did the basic left and right pushing drills.

16. teovel'sBalintawak