Long beach internationals

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by FilAmfighter1, Jun 23, 2009.

1. FilAmfighter1

FilAmfighter1 Punong Guro

LONG BEACH INTERNATIONALS
    Filipino Martial Arts In Brotherhood
    USFMAF and Master Jun Onas
    1ST ESKRIMADOR WORLD TOURNAMENT

Long Beach Convention Center
    300 E. Ocean Blvd Suite B & C
    Long Beach, CA 90802
    (562) 436-3636
    August 07- 09, 2009

SCHEDULES

USFMAF/WEKAF SATURDAY: AUGUST 08, 2009

WEKAF
    Registration/Pick-up Badges:8:00am – 8:45amFull Contact Sparring:9:00am (Sharp) Elimination (Single/Double Live Sticks)Lunch Break:12:00Noon – 1:00pmFull Contact Sparring:1:00pm – 5:00pm Elimination/Championship (Single/Double Live Sticks)

USFMAF Registration/PreRegistration8:00-9:00 a.m.USFMAF Judging and Referee Meeting9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.USFMAF Competition Begins10:00 a.m.USFMAF Self DefenseUSFMAFLive Stick PointUSFMAFKnife – (Feet & Hands) PointLunch Break:12:00-1:00 pm
    USFMAFCultural Challenge
    SUNDAY: AUGUST 09, 2009

WEKAF
    Sayaw/Caranza (Forms): 9:00am (Sharp) Elimination/Championship (Single/Double Sticks)
    Lunch Break: 12:00Noon – 1:00pmFull Contact Sparring Padded Stick1:00pm – 4:00pm Elimination/Championship (Single Padded Stick)
    Full Contact Team Sparring 4:00pm – 6:00pm Elimination Championship (Single Live Stick)

FILIPINO MARTIAL ARTS SEMINARS
    SUNDAY – AUGUST 9, 2009

9:00-10:00 a.m.
    GM Crispulo (Ising) Atillo – Atillo-Balintawak
    GM Narrie Babao - Arnis
    Grand Maestro Jon Bais - Tres Manos Bais

10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
    GM Alfredo Bandalan - Doce Pare
    Professor Steven Dowd, Punong Guro - Arnis Balite
    Pangalawang Guro, Jeff Finder - Serrada

12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.
    GM Art Gonzales - Tenio DeCuerdas
    Maestro Jose Rogers - Siete Pares
    GM Felix Roiles - Pakamut

1:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
    GM Tyrone Takahashi - Pedoy's Derobio Style
    Guro Jason Cruz - Arnis
    Master Gabriel Ascunsion

WEKAF SEMINARS

2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
    Solo Olisi (Single Stick) Master Erwin Mosqueda

3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
    Mano y Mano (Hand to Hand) Master Jun Oñas

4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
    Baraw (Knife Fighting) Master Nilo Baron

Awarding of Certificates

2. Sisco T.

Sisco T. New Member

is there somewhere one can see the exact rules for all the different divisions? thanks.

Francisco

3. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

I see a big list of GMs... GM Ty is also there... The one who first taught me FMA...

4. FilAmfighter1

FilAmfighter1 Punong Guro

The weekend of FMA

South Bay FMA Club Adventures at Long Beach International USFMAF-Eskrimadors Opene World Challenge 2009

This was an amazing weekend for FMA here in Southern California. The USFMAF in Brotherhood with Eskrimadors Accademy had two tournaments togather side by side. There everybody was at the Long Beach International with two FMA tournaments being held as part of giant martial arts event in a world class facility-the Long Beach Convention Center. With Masters doing seminar upstairs on Saturday and Sunday while the tournaments were happening downstairs. In one ring was the USFMAF with all seven of its divisions and in the next ring was Eskrimadors Accademy with WEKAF and its single and double stick divisions. The action was great, fights could fight either circuit or both. The WEKAF style fighting happen on Saturday only with the USFMAF happening on Saturday and Sunday. There were some great fights that happened that I watched as well as coached my fighters from our club, I never seen more near knock outs and with padded weapons no less!!!! Live stick was just fierce with some hard core battling happening. My guys really could hit. The Cultural Challenge was really something with strikes from padded weapons so had that they broke shields made of wood and the fancy foam-rubber types too. I saw some non FMA helmets crack and face masked dented in. It really pays to have good equiment. Sundays afternoon wrapped up with great action happening with knife with kick and punch. My fighters were really holding there own against other systems and arts that came to play. We took 1st and second place in the divsion. There were even venders (FMA included) there all kinds of Martial Arts equipment. While all of this action was happening, the House of Champions in Van Nuys was hosting the 90th birthday party and seminar for SGM Cacoy Canete, and on Saturday was FCS's Seminar and tournament at the park in Eagle Rock. Because so much was happening many groups sent people to as many as they could. Our club's brother group from Lake Elsinor area went to the FCS and fought hard bring back the gold. I felt like kid in candy store with so much FMA happening at once. I am glad I was at Long Beach were history was being made. It was not the weekend to stay home but to get out play.