Locations in PI for smiths/stores in and around Manila

Discussion in 'General' started by carabao, Aug 2, 2012.

1. carabao

carabao New Member

Howdy all

First time poster.

The wife and I are off to visit her family in Manila. I would like to bring back some cool blades with me: a barang or bolo or kerambit, maybe all of the above.

Does anyone know where I kind a good place in and around Manila? I am guessing someplace like Blade Culture International is going to be expensive. If they are not, great. I'm looking for good quality and good price.

thanks

Aaron W

2. ryan4nayr

ryan4nayr New Member

When I bought my WEKAF helmets & armors at Quiapo in early July 2012, there were several bangketas selling cheap weapons within 10 minutes walk of the big church. Bring your best poker face and haggle until they give in. :laugh:

Or if you'd like some place that won't get you killed, Squadron Shoppe in Virra Mall in Green Hills is still open for business. The Cash 'N' Carry branch was closed in that time frame I mentioned, but there's another store on the same floor that sells little novelty blades, etc. Again, bring your best poker hand.

Good luck! There is always http://traditionalfilipinoweapons.com/ if you don't find exactly what you're looking for.

3. carabao

carabao New Member

Salamaat, Ryan!

Much appreciated. I will file this away for Novemeber.