Limang Sulok!

Discussion in 'Seminars & Camps' started by NAGA, Jan 23, 2013.

1. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello Everyone,
    We are having a camp focused on the five angle system in order to promote FMA to a wider audience. So if you are just a beginner or already a black belt come out too learn various concepts of FMA from some of the nation's top instructors. Areas covered include single stick/sword, double stick and Tapado (long stick/staff) with special sections empty hand (Silat/Kali) and empty handed self defense against the knife. The dates are March 9th-10th at Midway Kodenkan 5159 S.Archer Ave. Chicago Il. 60632. The cost for the entire camp is $100 and those attending will be able too rank as a basic instructor in Limang Sulok and gain various levels in other systems. For further information you can PM me here or email the school @ Kali@Midwaykodenkan.com..... We start at 9:00 A.M. on Saturday!!!!

Thanks,
    John

2. Tagadagat

Tagadagat New Member

Looking forward to the camp, and spending a weekend doing great FMA.

3. silat1

silat1 Active Member

You can't get any better FMA instruction in the chicagoland than at the Kodenkan on Archer.. I had the privilege of working with John and Dekiti during my sabbatical from my island prison named guam.. If you are in the area, most definitely attend this epic training event and maybe it will wet your appetite for attending the PIG even in the summer.. This way you will learn how to sling rattan with some of the best eskrimadors in the Midwest. And that's a fact, Jack

4. medic

medic Junior Member

Wish I could make it down to attend the weekend John. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Shaun

5. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello Shaun and Bill,
    Two of my favorite folks here on FMATalk!!! Well Shaun I know your situation and I am willing too help you further your FMA training anyway I can so no worries you always have an open door here! Also I need too talk about the camp, we are going too have some fantastic guest instructors and it is apolitical in nature....!!!

Thanks,
    John

6. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

If you can make this then do so as John runs a great Training Hall and everyone involved are good people! Chicagoland is blessed!

7. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello Brian! and Everyone,
    Wow thanks for the praise! Anyhow now for the hyperbole about the camp! Train in some of the most progressive and effective systems of FMA.... Do not be left behind! Told you it was Hyperbole....

Thanks,
    John

8. BirdieKing

BirdieKing Member

Looking forward to going. There will be training sessions in GM Yuli Romo's Ilustrisimo Kali and Bahad Zubu!

9. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello Mark,
    I forgot too mention the fact that people should bring notebooks and their thinking caps, as this is going to be one heck of a camp.

Thanks,
    John

10. silat1

silat1 Active Member

John,
    Can I show up and wear my pointy hat and sit in the corner for being a dunce and leaving the chicago area after the way things have started to fall into place for the Midway Kodenkan group?

11. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello Bill,
    Only if I can join you! After all we are all in this together in the end!

Thanks,
    John

12. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

I would highly recommend attending this camp if you can make it. John has a wealth of experience and teaching ability. And the BZ guys are sweet icing on the cake.
    I would be there if I didn't already have a prior commitment.

13. BirdieKing

BirdieKing Member

14. yugen

yugen New Member

Been looking forward to this, knowing Guro John's great wealth of knowledge of the FMA, it can only turn out to be an awesome seminar!

15. yugen

yugen New Member

[video=youtube_share;jxw1UPe6m0M]http://youtu.be/jxw1UPe6m0M[/video]

For those who don't know John or never trained with him, check this video out from one of his past seminars.

16. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I can agree with the posting above.. I had the privilege to train with John a lot when I was stateside in 2005-2007. We met when I first got back to Chicago and was looking for a place to hang my hat as far as training.. It took me about 4 months to get on a regular schedule with him, but once I did, Man did I have a blast.. We even had more fun when we did a blade oriented seminar in the area in 06.. John and I started playing with the different systems that he and I train/teach and it was no looking back.. It got so intense that we even made the seminar sponsor mad because of the way we were distracting the other seminar attendees.. Oh well, tis in the past and it is one of the good memories that I have of the chicago trip back then

17. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello All,
    Well the camp is this weekend registration is from 7:30 A.M. Until we start around 9:00 A.M. If you do not have rattan we have sticks you may use. This is going too be a great camp and there will be something too learn for everyone!!!

Thanks,
    John