Lightning Scientific Arnis And Lincah Silat Seminar

Discussion in 'Lightning Scientific Arnis' started by Shaun, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Hi Folks,
    Lincah Silat Master Glenn Lobo and I will be holding a two day seminar in Dusseldorf, Germany on February 9 & 10, 2008.
    Hosting the seminar is Chief Instructor of Individual Combat Systems
    Christian Von Praun. More information can be found at:
    [​IMG]
    Shaun Porter L.S.A.I.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  2. Master Vince

Master Vince New Member

Hi Guys, I met GM Ben Lema in 1992, and he seemed like a very nice man with great skill, so be proud of your art, and train hard so as to make the man real proud, OK!

Take care everyone.
    Salamat Po!

3. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Thanks Master Vince for your words of encouragement.
    Yes,Mang Ben was a very,very nice person and a real gentleman and as you say he had great skill.
    If Mang Ben saw that you were a serious student of the Filipino martial arts he would generously share his skill and knowledge.
    We train to honor his memory.

4. Batongbuhay

Batongbuhay New Member

astig dude! ill contact some of the guys i met and tell them that your headed there!

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

I am sure it will be a fantastic event best of luck.

We will need to work something out together as well Shaun.:)

Also send the details to Russ Edwards (the BCKEAI Web Designer) and get him to put it up on the British Council web site. E-mail them to me too and I will pop it up on my web site and forum also Bro.

Speak soon Bro

Pat

6. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Thanks Jon for spreading the word about the seminar.
    I will see you in Manila before then anyway.Looking forward to some Sunday school sessions.
    Duncan(my student)is training really hard,he thinks you guys are going to rough him up,ha ,ha,.I do not know where he got that idea,he,he.
    Pat thanks also for helping out with the sticky on the Rapid Arnis forum(with regards to the seminar)and also about telling Russ.
    Perhaps Jon, you and Pat can reassure Duncan that he will get nothing but the best treatment in Manila......

7. Supremo

Supremo New Member

Hi Shaun,

Probably the worst thing that Duncan will ever experience here with the guys is eating balut, haha!

8. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Which so as not to offend anyone Tom he will have to try.Siempre naman.

9. Supremo

Supremo New Member

I heard Ate Patty will reward Duncan with a masters rank if he consumes 5 baluts, hehe! Just kidding Shaun

10. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

He might deserve a Master's rank if he's tough enough to eat 5 balut... :D :D

11. citom

citom New Member

Susmariosep! Yun lang ba ang kailangan? Sige, kakain ako ng anim na balut sa dalawang minuto para ma-promote sa master! Sabay lagok ng Cerveza Negra! :D
    (Trans: Jesus, Mary, Joseph! Is that all that's needed? Okay, I'll eat 6 balut in 30 seconds to get promoted to master! And gulp down Cerveza Negra at the same time!)

By the way, I loved eating balut as a kid (still do!). Too bad there's no balut here in the UK...

12. Christian

Christian New Member

What is a balut, please?

Regards

Christian

13. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Yes,I have heard that also Tom.Suerte talaga si Duncan.Ha,Ha,.

14. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Definitely Carol.

15. Shaun

Shaun New Member

I am sure Supremo or Citom will explain to you Christian the delights of those wonderful eggs packed with protein.
    The sounds of the Philippines, the street vendors.Homesick na ako.

16. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

In Buffalo we use hot wings and beer as the test instead!

17. citom

citom New Member

From Wikipedia:
    Pictures (warning! not for the faint of heart!)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Best wishes on your seminar, Shaun! Hopefully I'll have a chance to go to Cambridgeshire and train with you soon... or are you going to be in the South-West sometime in the near future?

Cito

18. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Babalik ako sa Filipinas sa January,so this is my main focus at the moment.
    E-mail me any time you are going to be in the area.Contact Pat O'Malley,he is an excellent Arnisador and teacher and lives near you.
    Thanks for the wikipedia balut page.

19. Christian

Christian New Member

Oh, thank you. Than I have heard about them but did not know a name.

Regards
    Christian

20. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

Now you would not want us to lie to the poor sole would you, now we all know he is going to get his ass handed to him on a plate:EvilGrin: And I can eat 6+ Balut no problem as long as I get 6+ San Migs to wash it down.

I ate Balut twice and I got 2 kids:angel:

Best regards

Pat