Largusa Kali anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by markymarkd, Jan 6, 2015.

1. markymarkd

markymarkd New Member

2. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

He markymarkd I teach at the Las Vegas Martial Arts Academy (http://lvmaa.org/). The Kali line they have there is from Lindsey Largusa.

3. markymarkd

markymarkd New Member

Hi Brian,

Yes, your school is the one I failed to mention. I just happened to notice what style of kali your school is teaching and was looking for some additional information.

Cheers,

Mark

4. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

I have not had the opportunity to experience Villabrile-Largusa Kali in person. What I do know is that Floro Villabrile had a pretty amazing reputation as a fighter in Hawaii. His system had a very significant influence on Dan Inosanto, and probably others as well. There are a few videos on YouTube, etc. which show parts of the system, but they seem to keep to themselves so there really isn't much out there to see. Heck, I have come across people who have tried to get in touch with them and can't seem to do it. Some of the videos of Guro Dan that are in the pubic record have spots where he talks about individual techniques that he learned from GM Villabrile, but that is about all I am aware of.

5. markymarkd

markymarkd New Member

Thanks JWinch. :)

6. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

No problem.

7. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member