Largarejos system

Discussion in 'Sikaran' started by Sheldon Bedell, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

Please feel free to discuss the Lagarejos system, it's founder, and it's top students here.
    I would love to also see some stories of Master Largarejos's teaching in N.Y. and P.R.

2. Far Walkers Moon

Far Walkers Moon New Member

I have had a chance to see some of the Largarejos students in commition many years ago I must say they where impressive.
    I even met Mr. Chartier once (I belive he was the highest ranked student and head instructor in New England at the time) I was wondering if he still teaches.

3. Sheldon Bedell

Louis Lagarejos 1/30/1935 = 3/15/2004
    Louis Lagarejos learned the art of Sikaran as a child studying with his brother and three cousins from a man named Pasificuo. After getting out of the military Grandmaster Lagarejos
    moved to the United States and began teaching Sikaran, This style of Sikaran has been taught in the USA for over 50 years now.

4. Sheldon Bedell

Far Walkers Moon

Yes I belive that Master Chartier is still actively teaching in N.H.
    He was the highest ranking student of GM Lagarejos at the time of the GM's death.
    He oppeted not to take the title of GM but insisted that one of the sons of Lagarejos take the title.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Neither Mr. Lagarejos nor even the fabled Geronimo are mentioned at the Sikaran entry on Wikipedia/Martialpedia. We need a Sikaran expert to edit these entries!

6. mabagani

mabagani Pendato

Anyone here from the Lagarejos clan? pm or email me, mabuhay

7. Sheldon Bedell

sorry for the delay in posting and yes I have got your email. Life has been a little hetic of late. i will email you monday as i have the eday off from work and will have the time to witre

8. Sheldon Bedell

Master Chartier Passes away

it is with sadness that I must post

Master George Chartier passed away this morning .
    He was a man of courage and a man devoted to his family.

In 1968 Master George Chartier moved to New Hampshire and opened a school of Sikaran in Laconia, later moving the school to New Hampton. Making the Sikaran system and his school the oldest continuing school in the state.
    Master Chartier was the highest ranking student of the late Grandmaster Louis Lagaejos.
    Loved and feared for his ferociousness in competition and his extremely had training of his students, Master Chartier will be remembered by many the length of the East Coast.

Sensei I will miss you
    Rest in Peace

[​IMG]

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I'm sorry to hear this news.

10. TindakaY

TindakaY New Member

May His Soul Rest In Peace With The Lord. GOD Bless His Family & Friends.

11. langgaw

langgaw New Member

On behalf of the friends from the Yawyan Charters, the Tuyom sa Bantayan we express our deepest condolence. Pahulay sa kalinaw.

Langaw

12. nero

nero New Member

How did he became GrandMaster if you dont mind me asking?