Lameco reference request

Discussion in 'Lameco' started by jwinch2, Dec 18, 2010.

1. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

http://www.nwfighting.com/fma.html

Does anyone know about this school and its Lameco teaching? The instructor is certified under Leonard Trigg from what I have been told. I am trying to run down some info for a friend.

Thanks,

2. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

I believe the instructor at the school is Jeff Patterson. If anyone has any info on him that I can pass on, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again,

3. Guro Dave Gould

Guro Dave Gould LAMECO ESKRIMA SYSTEM

jwinch2,

Hello, I hope that all is well. I have not heard anything about this guy or the school. I do know that he is not certified by Punong Guro Edgar G. Sulite in Lameco Eskrima. Having said that, if he is associated with and received his training under Guro Leonard Trigg in the Portland, Oregon area he would be legit concerning Lameco Eskrima. If in doubt have your friend contact Guro Trigg to confirm if he is or is not certified to teach Lameco Eskrima under his tuteledge.

Sorry that I could not be of more help. I hope that you all had a Merry Christmas and I wish you all an awesome 2011.

Regards,
    Guro Dave Gould.

4. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Dave,

I appreciate your response. According to the list you posted a while back regarding Lameco instructors HERE, he was listed as an apprentice instructor under PG Sulite. From what I have been told, he continued his instruction under PG Trigg. I was curious if you or anyone else had interacted with him on a personal level or seen the quality of the students he has put out. Sometimes I see people who are certified but when I look at their students, I realize that they must not be able to teach worth a darn or they do not hold very high standards. I am not suggesting at all that this situation would qualify as I know absolutely nothing about Guro Patterson or PG Trigg but it might help to explain some of my caution.

Thanks again for the response!

5. Guro Dave Gould

Guro Dave Gould LAMECO ESKRIMA SYSTEM

jwinch2,

Hello. Yes you are correct, after researching the Lameco Eskrima International Membership Registry, Jeff Patterson is shown listed as a Member in good standing of Lameco Eskrima International on January 1, 1994, Identification Number 021OR, of the Portland, Oregon Group headed by Guro Leonard Trigg. He was first and last listed as a beginner Apprentice Instructor in the registry in March 1996. That is all that I can comment on him, as I have never met with him or have had personal knowledge of him. He was a seminar student of Punong Guro Sulite in Oregon and a personal student of Guro Leonard Trigg in Portland. I do not recall him ever coming to the Lameco Eskrima Headquarters to train with PG Sulite in Los Angeles. I wish I could comment more on his ability but I can only generalize in that regard having never interacted with him personally. On paper he is legit, so it would not hurt to drop by his school and assess from there if it is someone that your friend would like to undertake concerning Lameco Eskrima training.

Regards,
    Guro Dave Gould.

6. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Thanks Dave! I appreciate it.

Jason