Lameco Instructors in New England (RI, Southern MA)

Discussion in 'Lameco' started by IstanbulBlue, Dec 31, 2007.

1. IstanbulBlue

IstanbulBlue New Member

Dear Elders, Guros, etc.

I was wondering if there are any Lameco instructors in the RI and or Southern, MA?

If someone could indicate who might be arround - I would be most greatful.

Hsppy New Year!

Respectfully,

Daniel.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Does anyone know?

3. Guro Dave Gould

Guro Dave Gould LAMECO ESKRIMA SYSTEM

Sorry, but too my knowledge we don`t have anyone in RI or Mass.

Guro Dave Gould.

4. GUROBUD

GUROBUD New Member

Hi

Thanks for your interest in LAMECO ESKRIMA.

I know that the late George Brewster was a member of Master Rey Galang' Bakbakan Organization in NJ.

Not LAMECO, but a close family member to our system, and I know that my LAMECO Brother Guro Felix Valencia has done seminars out in the Boston area.

Try the contacting the Boston Arnis Club.

Good Luck in your search.

GURO BUD
    LAMECO SOG / KALI ILUSTRISIMO

from http://www.jujutsu.org/boston_arnis_club.html

Guro
    Peter Freedman will be taking over for the late Guro Grande George Brewster in keeping the Boston Arnis Club going.
    While we mourn the loss of our great friend and teacher we respect his wishes that, "the training must go on."
    Peter Freedman, Guro Director of the Boston Arnis Club, is keeping the training going in Boston and New Hampshire.

Training in:
    stick fighting (single and double)
    Knife Fighting (single and double
    stick and knife
    weapons sparring
    Flexible weapons (rope - chain - belt - handkerchief)
    empty hand combat against all types of weapons
    Those looking for Arnis training should call the dojo directly:

(603) 529-3564

5. Beungood

Beungood New Member

Eg

Guro William Shultz who is located in East Greenwich Ri is a Pekiti-Tirsia Instructor also trained in Lameco. He puts out some good training classes.

6. Guro Dave Gould

Guro Dave Gould LAMECO ESKRIMA SYSTEM

Certified Lameco Eskrima Instructors

As for Lameco Eskrima you would be best served if you were to seek out one of the First Generation Standard Bearers directly under the tutelage of Punong Guro Edgar G. Sulite.

We are few and sometimes difficult to locate but the training which we provide in Lameco Eskrima is directly from the founder and can not be replicated anywhere else.

Good luck in your search, ciao.

Guro Dave Gould.

7. William

William Mongrel Combative Arts

Just following up on Jack's response....

I've been cruising the archives and came across this thread.....

Just for the record, I....in no way, shape, or form claim to teach Lameco. I have trained elements of it through one of my instructors but I am much more versed in other systems.

Best regards,
    Guro William Schultz

8. William

William Mongrel Combative Arts

Since I don't appear to be able to edit my previous post, I was going to add the following to make things clear....

My exposure to elements of Lameco followed this line: Leonard Trigg->John Daniels->William Schultz

John Daniels was an instructor under Leonard Trigg who is listed as one of the original certified Instructors by Guro Dave Gould. I am an instructor under Guro Daniels. They had traveled to the Philippines together to train with PG Sulite as well as GM Ernesto Presas and Roberto Presas (as the history was told to me). In my classes I often compare systems in relation to the principle/technique that I’m teaching so this is likely the origin of Jack’s comment. “Tangents”, as I call them eh Jack. :)

Regards,
    Guro William