Lameco in Canada?

Discussion in 'Lameco' started by BakbakanCanuck, Aug 10, 2011.

1. BakbakanCanuck

BakbakanCanuck New Member

Hello fellow FMA practitioners,
    Is anyone aware of any Lameco instructors in Canada?

Best regards,
    BakbakanCanuck

2. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

Where are you in Canada?

I can help you with people on the east coast or in the Canadian Rockies...

3. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Based on the Lameco Eskrima members list that was published on the VORTEX newsletter several years ago, there are only 8-10 LEI members in Canada.
    As far as I know, Guro Rutano in Calgary, Alberta is an affiliate Lameco instructor, not sure though if he is actively teaching Lameco.

4. BakbakanCanuck

Thank you both for your input. Gagimilo, I'm in Toronto teaching at Bakbakan International Canada, which is unfortunately far from both the East coast and the West coast. Could you still let me know who's teaching where?

Best Regards

5. medic

medic Junior Member

There is an Astig Lameco group under Guru Roger Agbulos in Brantford. Contact stefankus@hotmail.com for more info. They bring in Guru Roger for seminars. He was here for a 2 day seminar a few months ago.

6. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

Yeah, that is exactly the group I had in mind. Also, guro Roger has a group in Vancouver, but Brantford is your best shot. If memory serves me well, they will host another seminar with guro Roger in September or later this fall.

7. medic

medic Junior Member

Last time I talked to Guro Roger he was hoping to come back in the late fall.

8. BakbakanCanuck

many thanks everyone. I've met up with some of the Astig guys a few times for some casual training. Are there people still teaching the original Lameco curriculum in the U.S.?

9. medic

medic Junior Member

edited. see post below

10. medic

medic Junior Member

Try getting in touch with Keith Wetoskey at the Wetoskey Academy in Waterloo, Indiana. His email is wetoskey@hotmail.com. Also to let you know BakbakanCanuck just as a reference, I am just outstide of Hamilton and it takes me 6 hours to drive to down to Keith's academy.

Shaun

11. Guro Dave Gould

Guro Dave Gould LAMECO ESKRIMA SYSTEM

Bakbakan Canuck,

Hello, I hope that this message finds you well. There are still a few of us that teach PG Sulites Original Curriculum, nothing added & nothing taken away, here in Southern California. And even fewer of us who teach Lameco Eskrima exclusively and nothing else :) Good Luck in your search.

Regards,
    Guro Dave Gould