Lameco in Canada?

Discussion in 'Lameco' started by jpr1mo, Mar 9, 2009.

1. jpr1mo

jpr1mo New Member

just wondering if there are any Lameco schools, instructors or practitioners in Canada..

2. Guro Dave Gould

Guro Dave Gould LAMECO ESKRIMA SYSTEM

Lameco Eskrima in Canada.

Jpr1mo,

Hello, I hope that all is well with you and that you are training with intention.

I do not have anyone in Canada but I believe that Kuya Roger Agbulos works with a group in Vancouver from tim to time. It appears that is quite a distance from you. I believe that this is the only group which trains Lameco Eskrima in Canada. Sorry that I could not be of better help to you.

Train well, ciao.

Guro Dave Gould.

3. jpr1mo

jpr1mo New Member

Thank you for the info Guro Dave.. hopefully, a Lameco instructor ends up here in Toronto someday hehe

4. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

Yep, the guy in Vancouver is Mike Macro, and I believe you can reach him through his website www.edg-ma.com

Hope this helps...

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Canada is a big country! No one else is there?

6. Black Grass

Black Grass Junior Member

Unfortunately not. There are some JKD guys in Canada who have some Lameco training via their exposure to the system from Dan Inosanto and the late Larry Hartsell in seminars, but no one who pursued the system. Although, I trained in Lameco I never was ranked.

Vince
    Kali Ilustrisimo USA
    Bakbakan International

7. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

I hear Mr. Macro has moved out of Vancouver, but unfortunately I have no infromation on where to find him now... However, if I find out, I will pass the info.

8. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Lameco eskrima

I am based in Vancouver and we hosted a Lameco seminar here a year before PG Sulite passed away.

Another instructor who is familiar with Lameco is Guro Dan Rutano in Calgary. PG Sulite also conducted a seminar there before visiting Vancouver.

There were only 8 Canada-based Lameco Eskrima International members listed on the LEI members listing.

Regards.

Louie

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

It's a relatively recent art, so I suppose this isn't too surprising.

10. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

I forgot to mention that Guro Lowell Pueblos assisted PG Edgar Sulite in his Calgary and Vancouver Lameco Eskrima seminars.

Roger Agbulos conducted an informal workshop at the Ikatan Kali club and several for Mike Macro's group before he relocated.

11. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Did you ever find a school?

12. gagimilo

gagimilo Member