"Lameco Eskrima; Doble-Baston"

Discussion in 'Lameco' started by Guro Dave Gould, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Guro Dave Gould

Guro Dave Gould LAMECO ESKRIMA SYSTEM

Hi guys,

I just wanted to announce yet another new Lameco Eskrima DVD set for release around November 2009. This one covers "Doble-Baston" material from our system and like the "Solo-Baston" DVD due for release later this year this one turned out great. I am very excited for this one to be released as it really deals with applicable material associated with this weapon combination. In Lameco Eskrima we spend a vast majority of time in application of techniques, concepts and principles against aggressive opponents in real time and limit "air" or "Static" training to a minimum. So this DVD reveals alot of great insight into training this material in a more realistic training environment where we are held accountable for what we do in combat as well as for what we refuse to do. Below is the Introduction for this DVD to be announced:

Introduction:

In this DVD Guro Dave Gould presents us with the effective “Doble-Baston” of Lameco Eskrima. Learn the secrets of Punong Guro Edgar G. Sulite as we focus on the fundamentals of his unique combat effective Pilipino fighting system better known to the world as Lameco Eskrima. In watching this DVD the viewer will be meticulously guided through essential double stick work such as starting positions, transitions, striking, recovery, range, line of engagement & the importance of training with & without protective equipment.

In addition the viewer will explore in-depth the transitional range of “Largo-Medio” where the techniques, principles and concepts of “dose-dose”, “Dos Manos Ikis”, “Sabay”, “Dos Manos Dos Labahas” & “Lameco 1-2-3” among others will be presented, discussed & trained in great detail. After which Guro Dave Gould will present us with the very effective “Hand sparring” progression of Lameco Eskrima.

Aggression, speed, timing, power, recovery & position are brought forward in ones combative development for optimum gain as Guro Dave Gould takes the viewer from a realistic training environment to an essential non-compliant sparring environment. A must see for any Pilipino Warrior Art enthusiast or Martial Artist who takes their training seriously.

Again keep your eyes open for this one guys, ciao.

Guro Dave Gould

2. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Best of luck to your project. Looking forward to seeing your DVD as well as the others in the series.

Best,

Steve

3. chfroehlich

chfroehlich Junior Member

Hello Guro Dave,

do you know when the DVD is coming out??

Best to you

Christof

4. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

I wait eagerly for this one. However, what happened to the book you once announced?

5. Guro Dave Gould

Lameco Eskrima DVD`s soon to be released.

Hi guys,

The next Lameco Eskrima DVD entitled: "Lameco Eskrima; Solo-Baston" is scheduled to be released next month (May).

"Lameco Eskrima; Doble-Baston" is scheduled to be released toward the end of the year (2010) or the first of next year (2011).

The latest Lameco Eskrima DVD (Knife) shot in February 2010 in Spain entitled: "Lameco Eskrima; Pakawalan (the art of weapon retention)" should be released some time early next year (2011).

There should also be an article (Solo-Baston) in next months Budo International, Cinturon Negro, Kampfkunst International and Cinturao Negro magazines to launch the next DVD.

Train well guys, ciao.

Guro Dave Gould.

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Ooh, I like a book I can easily pick up and refer to over a DVD!

7. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Looking forward to getting the solo baston dvd in May. I've always enjoyed the original series that Edgar Sulite put out in the '90's and if these are the logical continuation of those then the series promises to be first-rate.

Best,

Steve

8. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

9. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Is Guro Dave Gould's solo baston DVD available already ? It was mentioned that it will be released in May 2010.

Thanks !

10. Guro Dave Gould

Retirada,

I have not heard anything yet. As soon as I do I will announce it here. Ciao.

Regards,
    Guro Dave Gould.

11. silat1

silat1 Active Member

After seeing the three dvd set Lameco knife that Guro Dave has put out through Budo and liking what I see, I can't wait to see the other Lameco dvds that are on the horizon.. These will be a good addition to your personal collection.. I'm already setting my sites on these.. If they are available in Germany, My son can see about picking up a copy of them for me on the other side of the world.. So Guro Dave, if they have been released in europe before the states, let me know so I can get them on order for my son to pick up and mail to me on my little floating piece of realestate..

Thanks
    Bill

12. Guro Dave Gould

Bill,

Thanks for the flowers... I am glad that you like the series thus far. The process is sure but slow and in time I will get everything out there which I feel needs to be out there. The latest DVD shot for the Essential Knife series (IV) ; "Pakawalan; The Art of Weapon Retention" should be released in the fall of 2011 hopefully, which will really enhance the series and continue it in touching down on some of the more essential elements of knife combat which many just do not give credence to.

I am very happy with both the "Solo-Baston" and "Doble-Baston" DVD`s which both are scheduled for release soon. The "Solo-Baston" DVD will be on the market anytime now and when I get the word I will notify you all as soon as it has been released in Europe. The delay is always with the language translations, the translators hate when my DVDs are due because it is a great deal of work for them, and I understand their grief. However I feel the need to convey on DVD exactly why you should train with intention and what may be at risk if you do not. Anyway I will let you know Bill when your son can get a copy in Europe as soon as it has been released in Spain, Germany and France.

Are you back in Guam Bill? Just curious...

Go well, ciao.

Guro Dave Gould.

13. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Yep,
    Back on the island of thieves also known as Guam.. also back doing the job that I was doing before I went back to the states.. We are starting to get the ball rolling again as far as FMA here, so far we have 3 instructors besides my self teaching different systems.. There is a little variety between the 4 of us, but with my work schedule, I am not as out and about as I was previously..

14. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Guro Dave....I look forward to the solo baston and doble baston DVD's. I have only attended a few seminars by the late Punong Edgar and have very high respects in his skill and training methods. He and his family were our house guests here in Canada at one time. All the best.

Louie (aka Retirada)

15. Guro Dave Gould

Louie,

Hello I hope that all is well and that you are keeping challenged by your daily training. If PG Sulite was your house guest when he conducted seminars in Canada than you know what a wonderful person that he was in and out of training. That is the thing that I really appreciated most about him be it in training, fighting or outside of training he was a humble person, very unasuming for his position in the community. It was always a pleasure to be in his company, in all honesty some of my fondest memories of him were out of training as a guest in his house singing Karaoke, watching videos and just hanging out.

Any way as I said before both the Solo-Baston and Doble-Baston DVD`s turned out well and I will be happy when they get released. As soon as they do I will announce it here first. Train well, ciao.

Regards,
    Guro Dave Gould.

16. chfroehlich

chfroehlich Junior Member

[video=youtube;2-2_XW9vuw0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-2_XW9vuw0[/video]