Lajolo knife system

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Brian R. VanCise, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Italian Knife.

[yt]-cvpYpZgIkk&feature=channel[/yt]

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Looks good! I didn't notice anything I thought was distinctly Italian, though.

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

OK, yes!

4. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

What is distinctly Italian? Does it need to have a marinara gravy (yes gravy not sauce) topping it off..lol....Motion is Motion...even in the second clip shown of the sicilian knife dance..those same movements can be found in many classical fencing schools...French, German, Spanish and Italian etc. etc...there is nothing new under the sun...just ones own personal interpretation of motion.....

5. pguinto

pguinto New Member

Looks like it's derived from fencing. But why in god's name would you place your live hand behind your back in a knife fight, especially when you are going to be in close quarters? Leaving your midsection exposed like that seems insanely dangerous.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  6. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Keeping your live hand out of the fray can be good and bad, determined by range and also by length of blade. A man wielding a Natchez Bowie willd definitely have the range advantage against a man who has a 3" folder ..also if I have another daga placed tactically behind my back..but I do agree in close range that could be a detriment.

Yes it does, but no more insane than getting into a knife fight to begin with.....LOL.....

7. nagaarm

nagaarm New Member

some the environmental drills remind me of the dumog that salvatore olivia does in his videos...