Kombatan Family Tree - Philippines

Discussion in 'Kombatan' started by Alex(ander Bautista Bayot France), Aug 13, 2008.

1. Kombatan Family Tree – Philippines Branch

In the Summer of 2006, GGM sent me a 4-page printout of the family tree. I will post it here, on our Kombatan Forum, one thread per country. I will post the names alphabetically by last name, not in the original order which had me on top of the USA list. :) There are others more deserving. I will not include the ranks and titles, as they change too much. Those of you who know me, know that I don’t care much for rank and titles… unless it’s mine of course ;-0

Where the individual is no longer active in GGM’s organization (IPMAF), for whatever reason, I will simply put “(inactive)”. I will also include all individuals I know of who joined after that list was created; plus those who were inadvertently left out of the original list.

Okay, so here we go with the Philippines Branch. Feel free to follow up with comments, corrections (especially with the spelling of names) and additions.

Aguilar, Popoy
    Arcega. Arnel

Bagrang, Dante
    Bonso, Jess
    Brocka, Jackson

Calaycay, Jerry
    Cortez, Jesus

Ercia, Alex
    Ermac, Michael

Dadaya, Olchie
    Diony (no other name given)
    Dulay, Samuel (inactive)

Fame, Allan
    Flores, Noel

Garduce, Oliver
    Garitony, Nicolas
    Hollanday, Lawrence

Kawada, Edgardo

Labiano, Dhave
    Lazo, Frederico

Maalat, Simba
    Madla, Willie
    Mayo, Anne Haciela R. (two individuals?)
    McNeil, Macalintal (spelling?)

Paman, Joey
    Poonan, Moises
    Presas, Roberto
    Presas, Ernesto Jr.
    Punzalan, Sonny

Quimbao, Romy
    Quitalig, Benny

Remolin, Randy
    Reyes, Bobby
    Rollo, Danielle
    Rosales, Felipe

Santos, Mark
    Sia, Rene
    Silva, Tony
    Solar, Roger (inactive)
    Soriano, Michael

Tombi, Rojo
    Tongson, Rene (inactive)
    Trinidad, Roy

Vasquez, Cristino (inactive)
    Villanueva, Earl

Yap, Pepe
    Yatsu, Rey

-o0o- End of List –o0o-

2. timagua

timagua New Member

philippine list

Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

It’s great to see this list created and updated for all followers of GGM Presas to be recognized. I was just in touch with Master Jose “Joey” Paman, an original Arjuken follower, who is in Hawaii on a little R&R. He said he saw the Philippines list and wanted to add a few people he knew of during his training days there from the early-to-late 1970s. These are:

Danny Diaz – a black belt instructor from the Visayas. He was a panel member during Master Paman’s first black belt exam, one he described as a very tough practitioner.

Pepito Robas and Jess Arroyo – mainstays at the Arjuken gym who often helped teach classes and who also performed during the school’s numerous demonstrations throughout Manila.

Alex Pangilinan – a convert to Arjuken from taekwondo who tested for his black belt the same day as Master Paman.

Rey de la Merced, Julian Valdoria and Ricardo Rivera – practitioners from the UST branch of Arjuken whom Master Paman noted as being highly skilled and dedicated, although he does not recall whether they rose to black belt rank. De la Merced was a kung-fu expert, Valdoria originally a boxer and Rivera just a tough fighter. Each one was attracted to GGM Presas’ system and represented the school very well.

Timagua

3. Lam Ang

Lam Ang New Member

Family Tree (Philippines)......?

Guys...there's more active members than what you have in the list. You might as well dig the records if they are still existing.

4. BATANGUENO

BATANGUENO New Member

5. timagua

timagua New Member

Blast from the Past

[FONT=&quot]Update: We at Original Arjuken in Sacramento just received contact from Rey de la Merced, an Arjuken instructor from the 1970s. Sir Rey was a member of the Quiapo gym from 1974, earned lakan isa black belt rank in 1978, and taught at the gym for a few years after he graduated from the Engineering program at UST. He was the team captain for the winning UST Team at the Second Intercollegiate Karate-Arnis Championships in Manila held in 1976 – while still a brown belt. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Some from that era may recall that Sir Rey was asked to stop kicking the heavy bag at the gym because he busted up three of them with his devastating side kick. Another first-generation student of GGM Presas, among many, who may have come and gone and receive little acknowledgment now. [/FONT]

6. Pablo Bisquera

Pablo Bisquera New Member

My name is Pablo Bisquera. Can you add me to this list please. Most in this list are my schoolmates in Arjuken Quiapo Manila in the 1970's GM Ernesto Presas Jr. promoted me during those years to 4th Dan Blackbelt And became an Instructor on the same school. Please also asked the others on this list about me. They brotherly called me Paul. Now I live in Florence Italy. Thanks and I wish to recieve some messages to everybody from this list.

7. Pablo Bisquera

I frequented and became an Instructor in Arjuken Quiapo after GM Ernesto Presas Jr. Promoted me. I had the privileged to train with Danny Diaz, Pepito Robas and many others on the list. Later on those years (70's). I would like to read from them. Now I live in Florence Italy.

8. Pablo Bisquera

I would like to get in contact with the persons on the list mentioned above. Thanks, Pablo Bisquera.

9. Pablo -- Okay, I've added you to the list. I don't have contact info for most of the people on this list. Just hope that some of them see your request and contact you.

All -- Updated by request. Btw, maintenance of this list should be done by the new IPMAF Sec Gen. I’ve retired and enjoying myself (no, not that way) way too much to be doing paperwork! :coolorang

KOMBATAN FAMILY TREE - PHILIPPINES BRANCH LAST UPDATED (BUT STILL INCOMPLETE) MAY 20, 2012 (Happy Birthday, GGM! --From all of us!)

Aguilar, Popoy
    Arcega. Arnel
    Arroyo, Jess

Bagrang, Dante
    Bisquera,Pablo “Paul”
    Bonso, Jess
    Brocka, Jackson

Calaycay, Jerry
    Cortez, Jesus

Ercia, Alex
    Ermac, Michael (inactive)

Dadaya, Olchie
    de la Merced,Rey
    Diaz, Danny
    Diony (no other name given)

Dulay, Samuel "Bambit" (inactive)

Fame, Allan (inactive)
    Flores, Noel

Garduce, Oliver
    Garitony, Nicolas (inactive)
    Graham, Kurt

Hayag, Jay
    Hollanday, Lawrence

Kawada, Edgardo

Labiano, Dhave
    Lazo, Frederico "Fred" (R.I.P.)

Maalat, Simba
    Madla, Willie
    Maur, Roger
    Mayo, Anne Haciela R. (two individuals?)
    McNeil, Macalintal (spelling?)

Paman, Joey
    Pangilinan, Alex
    Poonan, Moises
    Presas, Roberto
    Presas, Ernesto Jr.
    Punzalan, Sonny

Quimbao, Romy
    Quitalig, Benny

Remolin, Randy
    Reyes, Bobby
    Rivera, Ricardo
    Robas, Pepito
    Rollo, Danielle
    Rosales, Felipe

Santos, Mark
    Sia, Rene
    Silva, Tony
    Solar, Roger (inactive)
    Soriano, Michael

Tombi, Rojo
    Tongson, Rene (inactive)
    Trinidad, Roy

Valdoria, Julian
    Vasquez,Cristino (inactive)
    Villanueva, Earl

Yap, Pepe (inactive)
    Yatsu, Rey

-o0o- End of List –o0o-

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  10. Pablo Bisquera

Thank you very much for replying and adding me on the list. I hope our team mates on the above list will get in contact with us here at FMATALK. Regards, Pablo Bisquera.

11. amado jay hayag

amado jay hayag New Member

Greeting my kombatan brothers!

I'am very thankful and honored to be a part of Kombatan Family, to hear from sir Lam Ang and Sir Batagueno for fighting in my behalf it's made my heart grow bigger and warmer.. Please accept my humble salute..

PUGAY!! Brothers...

Rest assured that my hearts belong to Kombatan Family and we will continue our journey till we bond our brotherhood again!!

Looking forward that We may strengthen our bonds, and not to be weaken by trials.

Godbless to all my brothers in KOMBATAN

Pugay;

Amado Jay Hayag
    United Nation Police Peacekeeping Force( UNPOL)
    CP# 12809