Kombatan Espada y Daga

Discussion in 'Kombatan' started by lhommedieu, Jul 19, 2006.

1. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Someone on another forum posted a request for a translation of the following Espada y Daga striking patterns. I believe that they are from Ernesto Presas’ Kombatan system (and may be from the earlier Arjuken system) :

The link to the patterns is http://www.geocities.com/kalipages5/struer/. Note: you will need to download an Indio codec if you don’t already have one installed. There are freeware versions to be found so don’t pay any money for it.

Following is what I wrote in response:

Best,

Steve Lamade

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Well, I'm glad to see that the system has made its mark in Denmark! The translated example sounds similar to a drill I have seen done, but that certainly was not emphasized in Modern Arnis (as I experienced it).

3. Datu Dieter

Datu Dieter Junior Member

Just for your information:
    I started to teach Modern Arnis in Denmark in 1984 (later also in Sweden and Norway) and was teaching regulary seminars there for the next 10 years. I think in 1986 a Modern Arnis Organisation fas formally established by my student Jorgen Gydesen.

Regards

Dieter Knüttel
    Datu of Modern Arnis

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Ah yes! I knew you had reached there, but I sometimes forget that you have a background in "both" Modern Arnis systems, Remy's and Ernesto's.

5. armas

armas Junior Member

These espada y daga if were in english I can explain. They might be the foundation 12 techniques added with the variations formulated by GM Ernesto and Cristino Vasquez. But as you learn it you will see the influence of GM Ben Lema's system in it.