Kombatan Entry on MartialTalk MartialArts Encyclopedia

Discussion in 'Kombatan' started by Bob Hubbard, Jan 16, 2006.

1. johnzag

johnzag Junior Member

Armas see your point.. AS GM says if your in a real fight its "sungkiti" all the way.. was just interested to see why you believed doblete/doblada were more stick orientated.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Could you expand on this? You're referring to the hooking-style strikes with the end of the stick?

3. armas

armas Junior Member

Man, Johnzag! You opened up a can of worms on the sungkiti stuff! hahaaha! Arnisador I would rather john tell you.

About the doblete and doblada is particularly not good if you use on of our tagalog itaks with handguards. It will hurt you.

GM has a lot of methods he uses for fighting full contact. He prefers sungkiti the most. But mixes it with others. It's the tip of the iceberg. hahaha.

More power. Have a great weekend!
    Alex

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

We did some Kombatan this weekend at the WMAA Instructors Camp. Mostly we did double stick stuff.

5. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

Did you all see the value in training with 'double stix'??? Relax and you will see how it works and improves your skills with simgle'olisi'. Yet in the training try not to watch the stix but flow with them. Kombatan itself has its own hidden treasures.

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Right now I am focusing on learning the specifc drills, so I'm not passing beyond that yet! In general, as training with the stick improves my empty hand, I believe that training with the double stick improves my single stick work.

7. johnzag

johnzag Junior Member

Double Stick work is really good for acquiring the flow and improving your striking and ambidexterity.. stick with it, it will improve your Arnis overall. The combinations and striking patterns are nearly endless can be a bit of fun as well once you get the hang of it!
    Master Jan is famous for just making sinawali's up 10 minutes before a class you can really work in a lot of techniques.