Knives Illustrated Magazine.

Discussion in 'Misc. Knife Arts' started by arnisador, Aug 28, 2006.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I was looking at the October 2006 issue of Knives Illustrated magazine. There was an article on a 1 7/8 inch folder (Boker's Magnum Subcom; picture here) that seems like an interesting blade. An article on the Sabertooth knife by Jefferson Spivey (picture here) also caught my attention; I don't think it's the knife for me, but it is an interesting look.

An article on knifemakers reading online knife fora looking for new ideas, needs, and feedback included interviews with the owners of Bladeforums.com and Knifeforums.com.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Dec. 2006.

In the Dec. 2006 issue I noticed ads for the Stratofighter from Dark Ops Knives, a nice knife-looking that I'd like to handle as it has an interesting grip, and the 730 X-Tract from Buck Knives, which seems like a nice utility tool.

There were articles on
    (among other topics) The T-mag magnetic open/lock from Syderco; Christmas gift knives; credit-card carries; some interesting Stan Wilson folders; and new midyear knives, including the Syderco Bifold.

3. 408kali

408kali New Member

Dig Stan Wilson but esp. the Sabretooth... thanks for sharing!

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I was looking at the Feb. 2008 issue recently. The specialty blade at www.plasticsurgeonopener.com was amusing! It might have been handy for Christmas morning. An article comparing tomahawks was interesting, as was the article on automatic knives in the sandy environs of Iraq.