Knives and Daggers on Conquest.

Discussion in 'Misc. Knife Arts' started by arnisador, Jan 26, 2006.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Last night I watched the Knives and Daggers episode of Conquest from the (Military?) History Channel. They emphasized European methods, of course, and the use of a dagger to penetrate armor. They ended with some knife sparring. It was interesting to see the variety of weapons, spanning millenia, and get some indication of how they were used, but of course a half-hour show was much too little for me! One area they focused on was an Italian dagger intended to be used in the reverse grip, and standing grappling methods for defending against their use.

At one point the host stated that after getting in a potentially fatal stab, the opponent has as many as 10 seconds in which he might still counterattack you with his weapon, so always follow the stab up with a disarm. I might have said, back off and let time do the job for you...

2. ryangruhn

ryangruhn New Member

Wow,
    I am not sure how I missed this with the trusty DVR! It says that there are no new shows at this point, was this a rerun?

Gruhn

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

It shows up in the listings on my TiVo; they are reruns from a few years back, but I just taped it last week. It may be on the Military History Channel rather than the History Channel. I'll check what channel it was on later.

Check out this series too!

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Yup, it was the Military History Channel. We watched the Knights in Armor episode today.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

More accurately, it was a Military History Channel preview on the History International channel. The Knives and Daggers episode was re-run today (Sunday).