Knife Throwing for Kids.

Discussion in 'Marksmanship Arts' started by arnisador, Nov 16, 2006.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Seen on MartialTalk:

The Bladestar knfie throwing system for kids:

Eh...I'm glad to see more promotion of knife throwing, but kids ("Throwing Tykes")?!?

2. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

I hate to say this, but I'm not happy at all the way they are promoting this kind of knife throwing.

The instructor isn't watching the child at all when they are throwing the knives and one can tell by the kid's arm movements that they are all over the place in terms of techniques. They are not showing how well the kids aim.

What REALLY bothers me is that the instructor is paying no attention to the way the kids are handling the knives. Towards the end of the video he's counting up the number of sticking throws that a yellow belt student has. He's so engaged in conversation with the child, that he isn't paying attention to what the child is doing with the knife! The child has his fingers all over the blade. Had it not been a training blade, the child would have some devastating cuts.

Personally I think it is a very elegant art and a very adult art. I would rather see it promoted among college and post-college age folks with a retro-cool type of appeal if it were to be promoted to younger folks.