Knife Book

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by Datu Tim Hartman, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

John-

Did Master Galang release his book on knife fighting yet?

2. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

"Masters of the Blade" was released today. I hope to get my inventory by this weekend. Will post a follow up on this much anticipated release!

JohnJ

3. WT_ATL

WT_ATL Member Supporting Member

Just ordered mine today, will be here just in time for X-Mas.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I placed an order too. It looks interesting! I like a book that doesn't skimp on the pictures. Modern Arnis may wel be a stick art to most, but I find myself gravitating more and more to the knife as years go by.

5. Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson Member

I've seen an advance copy (never mind how). It's chock full of goodies. Well worth the reading.

Yours,
    Dan Anderson

6. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

7. ryangruhn

ryangruhn New Member

Has there been any reviews on it yet?

Gruhn

8. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

I have not seen any reviews but the book took the same approach as Warrios Arts of the Philippines(WAP). In other words, it is a compilation from contributors from various arts. The accuracy and/or reviews of the material content would probably be most appropriate with the individual and respective entries.

To critique the book as a whole (as with WAP), I would applaud the publication merely because he was able to share insights from some of the most well known edge weapon instructors as well as contemporaries. There were many more invited to partake in the project but for personal reasons could not or chose not to.

JohnJ