KI in the bay area?

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by qk2lrn, May 2, 2008.

1. Black Grass

Black Grass Junior Member

Yes exactly the same. the last time I saw him teach this material was in Montreal 2-3 years ago.

Vince

2. Raul

Raul Mananandata

I saw a Rick Tucci video instructional years ago showing Ilustrisimo 12 Angles of Attack which I suppose extracted from Inosanto Blend and was quite different from KI's 12 Basic Angles of Attack. It illustrated lots of leg shots.

3. Black Grass

Black Grass Junior Member

Interesting. Its possible that Guro Dan was teaching the KI he learned from PG Edgar (Suilte) I just assumed that it was Regino's numbering and drill , because the drill Guro Dan taught didn't look like what we do in KI.

Come to think of it, I do remember doing a similar single stick drill which my Lameco instructor ( not PG Edgar) said came from Ilustrisimo which was similar to Kuatro Kantos but lacked the foot work.

I do remember asking Guro Dan at a seminar to clarify if the techniques came from Tatang or Regino, he then proceeded to pull out a diagram/family tree to show his Ilustrisimo training and related styles ( serrada, Villabrille, lameco).

So the answer is I guess I really don't know!!!

Vince
    aka Black Grass

Last edited: May 24, 2008