Kerambit Review!

Discussion in 'Product News & Announcements' started by Brian R. VanCise, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Looks like a solidly built folder! Does it curve a little less than other kerambits?

3. Brian R. VanCise

Maybe a little less of a curve than a fixed but it really is unnoticeable in your hand. It is really solidly built. Surprising based on the price but this is one sharp and solidly built knife. [​IMG]

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Wow, only $20 at Amazon? I have a cheap V-Tech folding kermabit I bought years ago when any folding kerambit was hard to find, and I carry it occasionally. FOr $20 I may get one of these!

5. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Becareful with these folding karambits, I had one where the locking mechanism failed once while cutting some stuff on my old job.. It took 6 stitches to sew the muscle between my forefinger and thumb back in place.. It was one of the line locker variations and the locking bar didn't engage all the way when it was opened.. The blade was tossed away and to this day, I will never trust a folding karambit for the price of these.. Remember, you get what you pay for..

6. Brian R. VanCise

What were you doing with it Bill? I ask because if it folded back in then it sounds like there was pressure on the wrong side or the non blade side. I am in firm agreement with the inner line locking system. You simply cannot have pressure on the wrong side or bad things can happen. This Kerambit though is heftily made. So I am not to worried about it if I use it properly. Still your warning rings loud and clear and should be observed by everyone using any folding knife with an inner line locking system. [​IMG]

7. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I've used various types of line locker blades in my job numerous times.. In this case, I was stripping some wire coating from a spool of wire for some electrical work.. The blade locking mechanism folded not because of pressure being on one side or the other.. The locking bar was not centered on the blade as it was a factory defect once I looked at the blade after getting the stitches.. It was one of the emerson knockoffs that was readily available on the web and in some of the sports stores here on island.. These blades are not of the best quality, but I bought it for the curved blade and the ability to make spiral cuts on the wire with ease due to the curved blade..

That was the last folding karambit that I have bought although some of my students used them to cut through the muscle and tissue of some of the feral pigs that we have here and are allowed to be hunted during season.. One of my students cut through the windpipe of one of these pigs here when they were dressing it out..

I use line lockers as my daily carry with my emersons or my wortac while on duty, these knives I rely on to cut through the items that I face in the job and also are great for spreading peanut butter on a sandwich when the need arises..

As I said, you get what you pay for, and in my case, I put the lesson learned with the knock offs blade use in mind when I buy a blade which is with the liner locking mechanism.

8. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

EMERSON is my folding kerambit of choice..a bit pricey but well worth it..100% satisfied...

9. Brian R. VanCise

I have handled one and it is a beautiful folding kerambit. [​IMG]

10. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I prefer the emerson cqc 7 and the cqc 13 bowie design as my emersons of choice.. Good quality blades and built like tanks..

11. BING

BING New Member

100% agree with Michael. Its my EDC.