Kalis Ilustrisimo seminar

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by Sicilian, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

Hi all,

Mang Romy Macapagal will be holding an arnis seminar. Details below.

Kalis Ilustrisimo / Ilustrisimo Escrima - the tried and battle-tested system of Grandmaster Antonio "Tatang" Ilustrisimo.

Come and be part of this rare opportunity as Romeo "Romy" Macapagal, a long time student and friend of Tatang Ilustrisimo, will be conducting a 2-day seminar at the Valle Verde 1 Clubhouse Badminton Courts. Romy Macapagal had previously conducted Kalis Ilustrisimo seminars in San Diego, Connecticut and Marina Del Rey at the Inosanto Gym in the U.S.

Kalis Ilustrisimo / Ilustrisimo Escrima, as taught by Romy, is the authentic and undiluted sword, knife and hand-to-hand combat techniques passed down by the late Grandmaster Tatang Ilustrisimo. This system is characterized by short, hard and fast techniques to make quick work of an opponent. Romy imparts his knowledge coming from his 20-year study and teachings of this Ilustrisimo martial craft, aside from his studies of other martial crafts spanning more than 40 years. The curriculum is designed to teach the student what are commonly overlooked combat-efficient principles. Bladework, sword and knife techniques will be the focus and will be covered in all combat ranges.

This program is condensed and intensified to make sure that participants get very good, very fast.

Take advantage of this rare opportunity to train and enhance your skill with the best.

When: February 21 to 22 (Saturday and Sunday)
    Time : 10 am – 4 pm (both days)
    Where: Valle Verde 1 Badminton Courts
    What to bring: 2 rattan sticks, 2 padded sticks each
    Max no. of participants - 20

Seminar fee is at P3,000 covering the two days. Lunch, snacks and refreshments are included.

For slot reservations, kindly get in touch with:

Amy : 852-5141 (H), 0927-5535-754 (M)

Toby :0929-445-0790, tobyreyes1@yahoo.com

2. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

All the best and success to the KI seminar. I wish I was in Manila...siguradong sasali ako.

Louie

3. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

Yeah. Seems like slots are filling up fast. We could only accomodate 20 as it will be too hard to teach KI in a big class setting.

4. Raul

Raul Mananandata

All the best to mang Romy!

5. pluma

pluma Guest

Mabuhay kay panday! (LONG LIVE THE BLADESMITH)!

6. eome

eome Junior Member

greetings

All the best.

7. Deep Fat Friar

Deep Fat Friar New Member

Toby, please give Mang Romy my best and tell him the San Diegans are still using the practice swords he made for us. :)
    I had the pleasure of some of his classes when he came to visit us here (including a private lesson). I'd love to make it to the P.I. some day to see where it all began.

-- Dave (the short, kinda pudgy, bald guy at the Harris Academy that gave Mang Romy the sword book)

8. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Hi Dave,

Hope one day you get a chance to learn KI in Manila. I also have encouraged the members of our small KI group here in Vancouver to do the same. So far only one has done so, so far. The Luneta and the Binondo gym are like the 'mecca' of KI practitioners. Several FMA practitioners from various countries visit those 2 places.

All the best to your KI training in San Diego (?).

Regards,

Louie

9. Twist

Twist Junior Member

/sign

10. eome

eome Junior Member

So much history in those two places of KI training. Cant wait to be there again.

11. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

ttt 5 days to go!

12. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

All the best to the KI seminar. Please some photos.

Salamat.

Louie

13. Raul

Raul Mananandata

Woo hoo!

Toby, don't forget the kodak por piktyurs! Bring extra battery coz there will surely be an info overload.

14. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

Will do! hehe. Have a wedding to attend afterwards. Hopefully, my joints won't be that battered from being the dummy. :)

15. Twist

Twist Junior Member

*sigh* Wish I were in the PI !!!

16. eome

eome Junior Member

Tsk Tsk. Too bad were not back home for these kind of seminars.

17. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

How did the KI seminar go with Mang Romy Macapagal ? Would appreciate a feedback and photos if possible.

Thanks.

Louie

18. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

Everything went well and smooth. The only thing that sucks was the fact that we got the news midway into the seminar that Kru Roberto Valdez (President of Muay Thai Philippines) was murdered. 2 of us (me included) had to pack our stuff and head straight to the hospital. Even Tito Romy was shaken since he knew the guy too. (He was the one who actually introduced me to Coach Valdez 7 years ago.)

Other than that, day 1 and day 2 were awesome. Mang Romy showed a series of fancy disarms that only guys like him and Tony Diego could do. :)

19. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I'm sorry to hear about the bad news but glad that the seminar went well nonetheless.

20. Black Grass

Black Grass Junior Member

Sicilian,

How about a synopsis of what was covered ?

Vince
    aka Black Grass