Kalis ilustrisimo orihinal seminar

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by RETIRADA, May 9, 2009.

1. How about you "Nigel".

What group do you belong to?

2. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Hi Nigel,

I do not 'belong' to a specific group or association. I have my own group here since 1990. I have my own personal expression of the FMA having been learning and training since 1985 from various teachers in the Philippines, USA and Canada.

I am an 'independent' instructor. I respect and give credit to all teachers and peers who have influenced me.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  3. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

The 2009 Kalis Ilustrisimo Orihinal seminar went well today with support from the Pekiti Tirsia/Dog Brothers, Balintawak, Ikatan Kali, USS groups as well as law enforcement personnel.

Aside from Tom, there were also 2 other direct students of Manong Tony Diego who assisted.

Thanks to all who supported this event. Till next year....

4. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

I do the same. IMHO this is the path we should all seek. Build a base but when built express your work in your won way paying homage to your teachers but definitely putting your expressions out there. In this way the arts grow and flourish under new perspectives.

5. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

The 4th Annual KIOR seminar by Tom Dy Tang is set for June 11, 2011 at a private location outside Vancouver.
    11:00 am - 4:00 pm
    Details will be sent to registered participants.

6. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

4th Annual Kalis Ilustrisimo Orihinal seminar by Tom Dy Tang

When: June 11, 2011
    - Saturday
    Time: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
    Fee: $50
    Topic: Punta Y Daga
    Location: private location (will be provided to registered participants)
    Note: This will be a semi-private seminar, register early as space may be limited to 20-25 participants only

For info:
    louie_lindo@yahoo.ca

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  7. michigankalisilat

michigankalisilat New Member

Just booked a ticket to Vancouver. Really looking forward to this event! Will be in town for a week or so. Hope to train with the KIRO group as much as possible.

Eric

8. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Have a safe flight to Vancouver, Canada. You will meet several Ilustrisimo practitioners here. We look forward in sharing the art with you.

9. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

Awesome seminar. I'm glad all the Canadian eskrima groups are getting along well. It was great meeting you all.

10. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

More should've attended, I had 5 people confirmed but there was a BJJ seminar by Megaton Diaz the same day. Next time I'll be closely coordinating with other gyms to avoid conflicts. Nevertheless, good job by Tom Dy Tang, Russell Lim and Louie Lindo (the seminar host). Congratulations for a successful seminar.

11. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

The 4th Kalis Ilustrisimo Orihinal seminar in Vancouver by Tom Dy Tang was a success with over 30 participants and instructors in attendance from: Pekiti Tirsia, Dog Brothers, Balintawak, Modern Arnis, Silat Cimande, etc. There were also law enforcement personnel in attendance. Special thanks to those who came in from Washington and Michigan.

Regards,

Louie
    Ikatan Kali (Ilustrisimo)

12. michigankalisilat

michigankalisilat New Member

Thank you Guro Louie for your hospitality. The seminar was phenomenal. We will see you next year!

Eric

13. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

Hey mga kabayan! I see that you guys are practicing Muay Thai. When will you be going back in PI hometown?