Kalis ilustrisimo orihinal seminar

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by RETIRADA, May 9, 2009.

1. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

We are having the 2nd Kalis Ilustrisimo Orihinal Repeticion seminar by Tom Dy Tang in the Vancouver (B.C.) area on June 27, 2009 from 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm at a private location (e-mail me for further info).

Tom has trained with Manong Tony Diego for approximately 20 years in Manila.

Thanks.

Louie

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Good luck!

3. Twist

Twist Junior Member

Wish I could be there ... good luck, and give my best regards to Tom, Russ, Kevin, ...

Cheers,
    Alex (from Germany)

4. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Kior

Thanks Arnisador and Alex (I will send your regards to them). This is actually the 6th Ilustrisimo seminar that my club has hosted. The first one was with Rey Galang when I was in Calgary, the next 3 were with Norman Suanico and the last 2 with Tom Dy Tang.

The Ilustrisimo system is slowly gaining a foothold in this area with all these fine KI instructors.

We are also fortunate to be supported by the Balintawak and Pekiti Tirsia/Dog Brothers groups over here.

Regards,

Louie

5. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

Wow! See you guys in BC next year. I'm moving there. :)

6. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Hi Sicilian....kumusta.

Great ! Are you also a student of Manong Tony ? The FMA scene in the Vancouver area is quiet cohesive with almost zero animosity as majority of the FMA clubs support each other. The FMA community though is significantly small here compared to that of the U.S.

Regards,

Louie

7. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

I train with Mang Romy pare. But hopefully, after my Thai fight this weekend, I'll also try to train with Mang Tony.

Toby

8. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

All the best to your Muay Thai fight. There is an excellent Muay Thai club here in Vancouver headed by a fighter from Cambodia. Muay Thai is also popular in Calgary, Alberta. A friend of mine teaches the Thai weapon arts of Krabi Krabong over here.

Sa Los Angeles, mas madaming Muay Thai.

I have not yet met Mang Romy, is he from Pampanga ?

I usually train with Mang Tony whenever I visit Manila.

Ingat.

Louie

9. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

No dude. Mang Romy's from Makati and Las Pinas.

Yeah. I trained at Sityodtong LA when I was there for 2 years. But honestly, training here in the PI with the RP team is almost at par with training in Thailand. My big problem with most Muay Thai schools in North America is the student to teacher ratio.

Here with the RP team, the teacher to student ratio is 1 on 1. And way cheaper. :)

Ingat pareng Louie. Are you based in BC?

10. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Hi Toby,

Yes, I have been in BC since 1990. Prior to that I lived in Los Angeles for 6 years.

Are you migrating here in 2010 ?

Regards,

Louie

11. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

Yup. Just to get my permanent residency brader. :)

12. eome

eome Junior Member

greetings

Kindly send my regards to tom and russel.

13. Raul

Raul Mananandata

Good luck and keep us posted.

14. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Will definitely keep you all updated with regards the KI movement here in the Vancouver area.

Jesse Glover (Bruce Lee's first American student and assistant) is having a 2 day seminar here this weekend and Tom will be doing a KI demo during this seminar.

15. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

The KI demo of Tom Dy Tang went well this afternoon at the USS Combatives 2-day seminar featuring Jesse Glover.

Tom will have a 4-hour seminar next month to be hosted by the Ikatan Kali club.

16. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Good news!

17. eome

eome Junior Member

Good to hear that.

18. NigelTufnel

NigelTufnel New Member

Wow 20 years. That's a lot. Must be a good seminar

RETIRADA,
    How long have you been training Ilustrisimo exclusively? Are you Kalis Ilustrisimo Orihinal Repeticion too?

19. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Hi Nigel,

Kalis Ilustrisimo Orihinal Repeticion is definitely a major influence in my training and teachings. I have taken the opportunity to learn from Tatang Ilustrisimo's 5 direct students and a few 2nd generation students. I started learning the Ilustrisimo system in 1996 (but have been in the FMA since 1985).

Regards,

Retirada

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  20. NigelTufnel

NigelTufnel New Member

What group do you belong to then?