"Kali Means to Scrape"????

Discussion in 'FMA Videos' started by Waltyr, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Waltyr

Waltyr Member

Greetings to All,

I recently ran across a video preview of a documentary/vid. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhB1_7ZG4PE) on the FMA and blade figthing. Does anyone have any background as far as product, when it was filmed? Who filmed & produced it? etc.....Anyone with any info would be greatly appreciated.

W.v.

2. James

James Crescent City Eskrima

Try Kombat Instruments. Nick, the owner, makes great sticks. He's been working on this documentary for 2 years. Nick is a member of the Dog Brothers Tribe.

3. halls

halls New Member

I just got the DVD on Monday. It's a good retrospect on the artform and training done in the Philipines. I definitly recommend it.

4. Waltyr

Waltyr Member

I'm still waiting for mine. I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow!!! I can't wait!!

5. Waltyr

Waltyr Member

Kali, mts.....

I just received the video of "Kali means to scrape" from Nick P. over from Kombat Instruments. I ripped open the box like a kid on christmas!! After the trailer video that I had seen on this video I was very excited and my expectation were high.
    My expectation were surpassed by far while still answering many questions pertaining to the uses of the stick and/or blade within the native lands. Nick definitely gives a very REAL depiction of the blade as it is used, but also as a tool within the life and the culture that surrounds it. Some of the accounts that are depicted are somewhat disturbing, but I feel that these scenes are depicted in such a way that it still keeps the perspective of the meaning behind the use of the blade: to preserve life.
    If you get the chance to pick it up, it is so worth the money. Anyone who wants a different perpective, or perhaps a deeper understanding of what it means to use a blade, then this definetly needs to be a video that you need to own.