Kali Knife Tapping videos and JKD Videos

Discussion in 'JKD-Kali' started by WOLF, Apr 7, 2009.

1. WOLF

WOLF New Member

2. sjansen

sjansen New Member

Whole lot of talking and not much action. Do You have to pay to have him show you something, anything? He's vested, but not enough for me to pay to see him talk which I've seen alot of it in his videos. We can figure it out. We're not idiots. Don't tell me, show me.

Please let me know if there is something worth seeing here because I watched/listened to all he has to say.

3. puntadas

puntadas New Member

mould

do you think it is anything to do with the cotton tracksuits?

4. Raul

Raul Mananandata

I've seen five or six instructional videos(sold from his site) of Rick Tucci and I would say that the presentation was very good. He's quite different from the usual kali instructors since he's not foaming any inanities nor projecting a dark personality.

5. Shawn

Shawn New Member

I have his JKD series and his Silat series and think both are excellent. The fact that he is also now posting a lot of material for free is unbelievable. He's well worth the cost of his videos.

Shawn
    www.trinityjunfan.com

6. rooke

rooke New Member

One of my fave's...

I'm personally a fan of Steve Grody's videos from the early 90's. I think his "Flow of Kali - Empty Hands" and "JKD/Kali Trapping Skills" series were some of the best videos ever made.

It looks like he's also got a youtube channel too. Seems to have clips of his old series' through Unique Pub, and some of his older, self-produced material.

www.youtube.com/downtownselfdefense

Rooke

7. sjansen

sjansen New Member

My feelings are the same with this video. He's trying to fill time and not getting down to what matters. Correct me If I'm wrong, but there is nothing in this that a novice student wouldn't know.

8. rooke

rooke New Member

???

I just picked up one from a fellow in France. It was recently made, but he still shows the SAME technique 3 or 4 times (and once in slow motion). JUST incase you have a DVD or VHS player...that can't rewind and reply something...or move forward slowly to see it... It is painful. 15-20 minutes worth of material, dragged on for like 90 minutes. Overall, the video was...a waste of $$$.

I also managed to get Ted LucayLucay's Kali/JKD series, Guro Dan's original "The Filipino Martial Arts" series, and Barry Cuda's series. So I'm set for some good DVD viewing for the next couple of weeks.

Rooke

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  9. rooke

rooke New Member

Just to clarify

I just reread my post. Just to clarify, the France reference, was to a Kali DVD put out by a fellow in France...NOT a seminar from any previously mentioned person, filmed in France.

Rooke