Kali/JKD in Nashville TN

Discussion in 'JKD-Kali' started by Macthesword, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Macthesword

Macthesword New Member

Hi, I have just moved to Nashville TN and had searched to find no Kali or JKD here. So, I am looking for others interested in training. I do not claim to be a "master" or "guru/sifu" by any means but have trained quite a bit with Guru Dan Inosanto, Sifu Larry Hartsell, Guru Ken Pannell, Sifu Charles Reed, and many others. If anyone I meet has more experience than me, great. If not, I will be happy to share what I know. I am a Nidan in Shorin Ryu and have trained in Kali, JKD, Wing Chun, some Muay Thai, Ju-Jitsu, Sayoc, and Bando. I have been told I am a good teacher and not looking for any egos...just others wanting to train. Please let me know if anyone is in the Nashville area and interested,
    Chris Dunnett

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Good luck! Dan Inosanto comes to Evansville, In and other places in teh general area (if you don't mind doing some driving).

3. johnmarkpainter

johnmarkpainter New Member

Excellent!
    email me at
    johnflem(AT)mac(DOT)com

I live in East Nashville and am getting a club together now.
    My teacher is certified under Larry Hartsell so we would likely be at home training together.

I am also training with Lamar Davis to get my original Jun Fan Gung Fu tightened up.

jmp

4. tfo23

tfo23 New Member

JKD Kali in Nashville

I am doing a training group in South Nashville just off of Harding Place at my home. I have been bringing friends who are interested in the hopes that I can train a few people up to the point of being training partners for me.

If anyone with experience in any FMA would like to meet up regularly and train, that would be great.

email me at jerry_teague2002@yahoo.com if interested.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I hope you all have gotten together by now!

6. johnmarkpainter

Yes, thanks for hosting this forum!

jmp

7. Fan the Madman

Fan the Madman Circles with Knives

John,
    If you ever wind up out in Murfreesboro, just outside Nashville hit up myself or Guro Billy Brown. I run The Naga's Gift (kali-silat and bagua) and he's the instructor at Progressive Martial Arts (JKD-concepts/kali) both here in the Boro. All the FMA/IndoMA people in the Boro know and hang out together so if you know one of us you know us all :) Come visit sometime.

cheers
    Brian

8. mattmikulla

mattmikulla New Member

I live in Nashville and I am extremely interested in training JKD and FMA. I used to train in Indianapolis at Victory Martial Arts. Since I moved to Nashville I've had a martial arts void in my life. It sucks.

9. JunFanFighter

JunFanFighter New Member

Hi all, if you ever come thru southwestern indiana give a holler, always enjoy sharing and training. I work alot of JFJKD, Wing-Tsun and FMA (Inosanto/Presas) material. Peace!

10. wesbennett100

wesbennett100 New Member

If any of ya ever make it up to So Illinois (about 3 hours outta Nashville) you are most welcome with my backyard/garage group as well. Hope the training is going well.
    God bless
    -wes bennett
    MidWest Regional Director Lucaylucay Kali/JKD
    Much respect.

11. CFC/JKD/KALI

CFC/JKD/KALI New Member

Kali/JKD/Muay Thai in Nashville

I am trained and certified as an Instructor in Jeet Kune Do and Kali by Paul Vunak. I am also trained and certified in Muay Thai by Suwat Sidthilaw of Thailand. I am the Tennessee State Director and the Southeast Regional Director for the United States Muay Thai Association. I have 35 years of experience in martial arts and have trained with Sijo James DeMile, Paul Vunak, and Kevin Seaman. I have attended several seminars with Guro Dan Inosanto, Larry Hartsell, Tim Tackett, Chai Sirisute, Francis Fong, and Chuck Gauss. I have trained in Kali under several top instructors.
    Anyone in the Nashville, TN area interested in training can email me at:
    Kruu@creativefightingconcepts.com.
    Check out my website:
    www.creativefightingconcepts.com

12. johnmarkpainter

13. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Good luck!

14. johnmarkpainter

Thanks...we'll need it!

We are going to be a Jeet Kune Do Grappling Association affiliated School (for those who care about that kind of thing!)

John

15. tfo23

tfo23 New Member

To my knowledge there is only one FULL instructor of Filipino Martial Arts who is teaching a dedicated program in Nashville and that is Guro Keith Groves of Villbrille-Largusa Kali. Contact at keithta2r@yahoo.com

16. johnmarkpainter

Yeah... Our Chief instructor is only a Full Instructor under Larry Hartsell :)

17. Macthesword

Macthesword New Member

Hi Again to All,

I now have a venue to train/teach at if anyone is in or is coming to the Nashville area. It is right in downtown Nashville. I have just created a FB page with details if you are interested. Classes will be on Tues. and Thurs. nights from 7-8. I look forward to training with anyone interested, cheers,
    Chris
    http://www.facebook.com/balanceacademyofmartialarts

18. Kruu

Kruu New Member

Please check out www.MusicCityPFS.com or Call 1-559-480-7806 for training in Kali, Jeet Kune Do, and Muay Thai.
    I have 38 years of experience in martial arts and am a Full Instructor in JKD and FMA under Paul Vunak and Thomas Cruse of Progressive Fighting Systems.
    I'm also trained and certified in Muay Thai under Suwat Sidthilaw of Thailand.
    If you're in the Nashville area and want realistic training give us a call or email at: Kruu@musiccitypfs.com