Kali in N.Virginia

Discussion in 'JKD-Kali' started by Ronin76, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Ronin76

Ronin76 New Member

Question: Does anyone know the instructor is possibly going to teach Kali at One Spirit Martial Arts in Northern VA? I am thinking about signing up for classes and I have to decide which of the four arts they teach are worth my time and money. Thanks for any help

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Is there a web site for this school?

3. Ronin76

Ronin76 New Member

web site

Its onespiritmartialarts.com/ . There is nothing on there about Kali and in fact until i went to visit I didnt even know they were starting this class. Apparently the plans arent finalized with the instructor but they didnt tell me the name of the guy.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Yeah, not enough info. to go by on the website.

5. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Member

Hey Ronin,

I've contacted the muay thai teacher at One Spirit (who I know, though not well) to ask him about this. And I've contacted my arnis group to see if they're going to reunite any time soon.

Stuart

6. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Member

Okay, the muay thai teacher didn't know any of the details for the kali class. But based on them using the term "kali" in the first place, I'd guess that it's someone from the Pat Tray's Trident Academy in Woodbridge. There are probably other Inosanto-lineage FMA teachers in the area. But that's the school that jumps to mind.

On a related note, like I mentioned in my PM, the Modern Arnis group should be getting together soon. As soon as this Saturday perhaps. We have to wait and hear whether we've got a practice space at GWU downtown.

The class focuses mostly on single and double stick though. So heads up about that.

Stuart

7. Ronin76

Ronin76 New Member

Thanks

I appreciate you checking this out. They didnt sound as if they were positive that this was going to work out. It seems like a good club though that offers a good variety of martial arts.

8. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Member

Yep. Khun Kao was telling me that their MMA program is getting pretty strong. What with the BJJ and muay thai programs thriving.

They're also concentrating pretty heavily on Krav Maga apparently. So there's something else to think about.

The arnis club at GWU is starting up again. This weekend apparently. Sounds like we'll be training there rather than Springfield. If you're interested in having a look, drop me another PM.

Stuart