Kali Escrima Secret of Learning Weapons Simultaneously

Discussion in 'General' started by United Arnis, Aug 9, 2010.

1. United Arnis

United Arnis New Member

[FONT=&quot]Kali Escrima [/FONT][FONT=&quot]is known for its intensive use of weapons at the onset of training. The most common weapon combinations in Kali Escrima are double sticks or [FONT=&quot]doble baston[/FONT], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]espada y daga[/FONT][FONT=&quot] or [/FONT][FONT=&quot]sword and dagger[/FONT][FONT=&quot], single stick or [/FONT][FONT=&quot]solo baston[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]knife[/FONT][FONT=&quot] or [FONT=&quot]balaraw[/FONT] and empty hand or [/FONT][FONT=&quot]kuntao[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Most of the observations throughout [FONT=&quot]Kali Escrima[/FONT] is the distinction between training with [/FONT][FONT=&quot]doble baston[/FONT][FONT=&quot], espada y daga, solo baston, knife and kuntao. This raises the question of whether to train with an Kali Escrima system focusing only on a certain weapon or training all the different Kali Escrima weapon combinations. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]If you want to fast track your [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Kali Escrima[/FONT][FONT=&quot] learning time, then ADAPTATION is for you. Adaptation in [FONT=&quot]Kali Escrima[/FONT] is the process of converting a technique from one weapon to another. Examples are double Kali Escrima stick to single [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Kali Escrima stick[/FONT][FONT=&quot], single stick to knife. I refer to adaptation as learning 5 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Kali Escrima weapons[/FONT][FONT=&quot] simultaneously. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This means a single [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Kali Escrima technique[/FONT][FONT=&quot] can be utilized in all 5 Kali Escrima weapon combinations. This approach enables the Kali Escrima student to focus on the technique rather than on the weapon(s) used. If a practitioner is trained in double sticks and knows how to adapt it to empty hands, he/she simply adapts and applies the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]double sticks[/FONT][FONT=&quot] techniques to empty hands in [/FONT][FONT=&quot]self-defense[/FONT][FONT=&quot] situations. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Having a [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Kali Escrima [/FONT][FONT=&quot]mindset of adaptability also means that you can convert everyday ordinary things such as pens, umbrella, magazine, car keys, etc.. into [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Kali Escrima weapons[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]for self-defense and applying [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Kali Escrima techniques[/FONT][FONT=&quot] for that matter.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Join our newsletter and get your FREE Kali Escrima lessons, videos and articles.
    United Arnis Kali Eskrima
    http://www.unitedarnis.com
    http://onlinestore.unitedarnis.com
    UASeries08Aug2010

2. No offence intended but shouldn't this be in an "Advertising" section or something?

I already have a system that allows me to use all the above and I'm not really looking for the "Fast track" ;)

Kinda "Preaching to the choir" with that post IMHO.

Simon.

3. United Arnis

United Arnis New Member

Thanks for your comment Bahad Zu'bu. Good to know that your system, like ours, allows the use all the above mentioned weapon combinations into practice. Let's keep on the fast track then as in the times when Arnis Kali Escrima is not being taught as a leisure but as a fighting system that enables the warrior to immediately be prepared to battle by "fast tracking" their learing and preparation for the effective use, adaptability and convertability of the warrior's art that we now call as Arnis or Kali or Escrima.

Regards as well to my friend, GM Yuli Romo. Mabuhay ang FMA.

4. Will do.

Good luck with your group and new business venture,

Simon.

5. GuroKevin

GuroKevin New Member

This is bordering on the lines of Spamming.

6. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

What warriors you talking about man?....To much AVATAR.....There is nothing secretive about it..just hard work and dedication....

7. kuntawguro

kuntawguro -== Banned ==-

Yup, I feel the same way- most of us here are already familiar with the concept and you won't be selling us your product.

8. NJMMADude

NJMMADude New Member

"This raises the question of whether to train with an Kali Escrima system focusing only on a certain weapon or training all the different Kali Escrima weapon combinations."

I'm not familiar with ANY FMA system that does not teach on a conceptual level and does not allow the practitioner to transfer the principles and concepts of one weapon to another.

9. adam t babb

adam t babb New Member

what secret?

what secret i thought it was already thought that was already tought in FMA