JKD Unlimited

Discussion in 'JKD-Kali' started by madmicah, Sep 9, 2007.

1. madmicah

madmicah New Member

just got back from a week-long work trip to Hawaii -- rough, i know -- and while i was there, worked out at Burton Richardson's JKD Unlimited school. great bunch of guys, didn't matter to them that i was an outsider or a newbie, just pulled me right into the drills and sparring. burton himself seems like a really good guy, patient instructor, pushes folks to have fun while learning.

anyone else know much about Burton or his school?

2. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Althought I havent met him I have met a few of the students, good people! Burton has been around for a long time as a student / teacher, dog brother, actor and author. He is accomplished and well respected.

Im not sure if anyone else on the forum knows but he just made a movie recently. Looks pretty cool. I think you might be able to find the trailor on his website.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

That's great that they allow drop-ins! Is this in Honolulu?

4. madmicah

madmicah New Member

yup, it is right in Honolulu, not too far from all the madness of Waikiki. good directions on their website and Sarah - Burton's wife, i think - is very helpful over the phone, too.

a bunch of them just wrapped up shooting a movie in Manila and Hawaii - I think it is called One Percent Full. they don't have a site up yet but Sarah suggested I take a look at Onepercentfull.blogspot.com which is where they have posted a bunch about the film.