It's almost here!

Discussion in 'Dekiti Tirsia Siradas' started by R. Mike Snow, Jun 7, 2008.

1. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

It's almost here!

The 2008 DTS Gathering begins in 5 days......... Here in Terre Haute, Indiana. On Sunday we will be having a free cookout for everyone to celebrate Grand Tuhon Nene's 71st birthday.

There will be two giant Gott coolers full of Gatoraid and ICE water to keep everyone well hydrated. I will be baking our family recipe, made from scratch chocolate cake(S) with made from scratch vanilla bean and cream cheese icing for GT and everyone there.

And for the secondary event of the day on Sunday! GT Nene's gift to everyone will be showing applicable answers to everyone's big question,"What if they do this?" As John, Mitch and I take turn being slung through the air....... Hopefully Matt will take a few plunges for us too!

Please send all of your food & drink orders in way ahead of time too:

mike@dtskali.com

Can't wait to see everyone!

God Bless, Mike

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Too cool! I'm reasonably mobile now, too, and my son is finally experiencing DTS at the WMAA Camp right now!

3. R. Mike Snow

That sounds great Arnisador! Guess that mean that the Arnisador Family will be at GT Nene's birthday celebration. Do you want steak or chicken Arnisador? Just picked GT Nene up and he's standing right here, asking if you will be there? Don't feel pressured of course......... Don't worry I won't volunteer you to be stabbed or thrown this time around either. Just want you to enjoy the food and celebation.[​IMG]

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I am mobile! I plan to be there but to still sit on the sidelines. Let me speak with my son when he gets in tomorrow--he said he really enjoyed working with Mr. Tortal and was amazed by his speed. Hopefully we can both be free!

5. pesilat

pesilat Junior Member

Homemade chocolate cake! Dag!!!

In theory I'm supposed to pick my wife up at the airport on Sat. but she can take a cab (one of the perks of living a couple of miles from the airport - the cab ride is only $8). I'll have to call her and make sure she's OK with that.

What are the specifics for the shindig (dates/times/prices)?

Mike

6. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Awesome you guy's and gal's will have a great time. See you in Chicago soon.

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

No flooding issues at your place, Mr. Snow? We are well here!

8. R. Mike Snow

Hello Mike, hope you can make it. I have been wanting to meet you for a long time. It's only $175 for all 4 days. The gathering is an informal training and Meet & Greet event as well as GT Birthday Celebration / Cookout of course.

We will be training at Deming City Park here in Terre Haute, Indiana this Thursday thru Saturday 9 am to Noon & 1:30 pm to 4:30pm. Sunday will be 9 am to 11 am, the B-Day cookout till 1pm, then we will train till 3 pm theoretically or untill GT decides to stop, so it might be midnight.........

Now for the important part, steak or chicken?

Hello Arnisador!

We are dry here, but NTH and some of the people we know did not fare so well. We will be having a couple of my niece and nephew's friends for awhile. And Mitch and his crew came into town with no motel vacancies. They actually pitched their reservation....

Can't wait to see everyone, Mike

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Deming Park...walking distance from my house (eh, if I could walk).

My son is back from the camp and went on and on about how much he enjoyed GM Tortal's segments, and how much he liked the footwork. He was really taken by Mr. Tortal's speed and stick manipulation skills.

10. R. Mike Snow

GT Nene was so excited about the event you guys were kind enough to invite him to. He was talking so fast and giggling so much I was having trouble translating.

Can't wait to see both of you and I am glad that the Junior Arnisador loved the techniques. GT said he wasa fine young man and very talented with a stick.

11. pesilat

pesilat Junior Member

Steak or chicken - you mean I have to choose? :D

It'll be great to see GM Nene again - I met him back in '97 when he taught a seminar at my instructor's school in Dayton, OH. I'm sure he wouldn't remember me but it'll be good to see him again regardless.

I can't make all 4 days but should be able to swing Sat and/or Sun.

Mike

12. R. Mike Snow

That's cool Mike, one is better than none....... If you can make it on Sunday, I will make sure you have steak & chicken! Sounds like you "Blue Grass" guys are big meat eaters like us "Hoosiers" are.

Ribeye or T-Bone? [​IMG]

13. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

Mike I sure wanted to be there. I just can't leave my school for 3 weeks. I'll see you in Chjicago.
    Stephen

14. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

What's the schedule? Derek and I would like to attend Sunday!

15. R. Mike Snow

Hello again Arnisador!

Sunday will be from 9 am to 11 am, then the 2 hour cookout to celebrate GT Nene's Birthday. We will resume trainig at 1 pm till 3 pm or when ever GT decides to quit throwing John and I around.

Shelter: Railroad 3......... See ya's there!

Hello Stephen!

We all wish you could be here too. But we know you have a shcool to run. Can't wait to see you in Chicago!

God Bless, Mike

16. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Is this schedule still accurate?

Recvd a flyer tonight:

Attached Files:

17. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I enjoyed watching my son workout at this today...Mr. Tortal is amazing!

18. Karl

Karl New Member

Chicago

Hey Guys

can someone give me an idea where to stay in Chicago, I will be arriving on MOnday from Germany....Must be a place near the school where GM Nene will be giving his seminar...

Thanks and regards

Karl

19. medic

medic Junior Member

I'm staying at the Fairfield Inn which is by Midway airport and a little over 1 1/2 miles away. They are affiliated with The Marriot chain.

Shaun

20. Karl

Karl New Member

Shaun

thanks for the info, I will check that.