Is this entire video available anywhere?

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by jwinch2, May 22, 2014.

1. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

[video=youtube;0xOVJ638pXY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xOVJ638pXY[/video]

Fascinating stuff. I seem to remember the unedited version floating around here a few years back, but now I cannot seem to find it. I appreciate it if anyone can point me in the proper direction.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
  2. silat1

silat1 Active Member

See my posting in the other forum you asked about it in

3. odalisay

odalisay Member

Which other forum? I too have been wondering if there is more to this video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

5. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Cheers Bill.

6. odalisay

odalisay Member

7. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

No problem.

As for the rest, I agree. For the sake of posterity I think it would be good to have this video available to all.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920

8. michigankalisilat

michigankalisilat New Member

supposedly the producer Allen Sachetti was talking about re-releasing this series on DVD. Not sure what ever came of it.
    He did multiple videos. You can find a clip of the Tatang Ilustrisimo one and the Lighting Scientific one on youtube

9. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Interesting. Thanks for that.

10. LRC

LRC New Member

The Contradas tape is a great one indeed, glad I got my hands on the full video. Would be interesting to hear Grand Tuhons thoughts on Sachettis plan to re-release this video though...

11. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Bill,

I guess you decided you would rather not share this?

Not trying to be a jerk, just following up.

Best regards,

12. odalisay

odalisay Member

+1

13. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Sorry, out of the country for the last month and didn't have access to my copy.. I need to get back to the homestead to dig it up.. I'm in the Philippines and will be here for at least another week...

14. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

No worries at all. Thanks for the heads up.

Safe travels.

15. odalisay

odalisay Member

16. odalisay

odalisay Member

I was watching the video again and I was wondering how long is the actual video. It seems like it was edited or it could be the original production editing.

17. blindside

blindside student

The original video is 47 minutes long. This one has edited out the unarmed portion (about 7 minutes), the first 7 minutes of the interview, and about 5 minutes of a very young Tuhon Mel slinging the balisong.

18. odalisay

odalisay Member

Thanks blindside. That's what I thought. Would you happen to have a copy of the video for sale?

19. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!

20. blindside

blindside student

Sorry, not my video to sell. Have you tried contacting Allen Sachetti directly?