Iron Man Rocks!!!

Discussion in 'The Den' started by arnisador, May 1, 2008.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

My son and daughter and I went to see Iron Mantonight. It was a great superhero movie! There have been so many bad ones but this is a well-done, interesting movie from beginning to end. Definitely recommended!!!

2. pguinto

pguinto New Member

AWWWWW SNAP

I cant wait, DAMMIT!!!!

3. shrapnel

shrapnel New Member

Yeah, my wife and I watched it as well and it was so cool. She normally doesn't like movies with any violence in it, but she found the movie quite fun and entertaining.

My favorite superheroes are Thor, Iron Man and Spiderman (in that order). Hopefully they make a movie of Thor.

4. pguinto

pguinto New Member

I hope, Xmen Origins: Wolverine rocks.
    It's got Hugh returning as wolvie, Liev Shreiber as Sabertooth, Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, i think some guy from Friday Night Lights is playing Gambit (Remy Lebeau). Other characters include Agent Zero (formerly Maverick), Silver Fox, William Stryker, even The Blob. Its supposed to center around the Weapon X project. It better be good. Oh i almost forgot, it's got Scott Adkins (Das) from The Bourne Ultimatum as Weapon XI

Xmen Origins: Magneto is showing up on imdb as well.
    "...A look at the early life of Eric Lensherr and his friendship with Charles Xavier, and how the one-time allies became mortal enemies..."

As you can tell, im an XMen freak. But i grew up with the FF, Thor, and Iron Man cartoons, as well. Hopefully Sunday, with my brother and his kids, we can go see Iron Man. If they do a Thor movie, it will probly be with the FF, but a movie in the Asgardian Realm would totally rock.

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  5. MPC1257

MPC1257 New Member

Pguinto,

I used to use all of my paperboy earnings to buy comics back in the 60s, who knew they would be worth so much now? I don't have a single one of them, oh well.

Thor Movie info:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/4325.asp

Director Matthew Vaughn says "We're in a holding pattern at the moment. It's up to Marvel, they have to decide if they want to make the movie and then we take it from there."

6. MPC1257

MPC1257 New Member

oh yea,

me, the wife and our 17 year old son are going to see Ironman when I get out work today.

Can't wait...

7. wes tasker

wes tasker New Member

If you like Thor you should check out (if you haven't already...) the new Thor series of comics written by J. Michael Straczynski. They are really good. They just released issues 1 - 6 as a hardcover. He did some good work with Spiderman and Dr. Strange (my favorite...) as well.

-wes tasker

8. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Yes - but does Thor know the Secret Squirrel techniques and have the decoder ring? Oh wait, he's Thor....

Just sent you a PM.

Best,

Steve

9. wes tasker

wes tasker New Member

:lookaroun.... But there's very few things that can't eventually be solved by a large, magical hammer.......

-wes

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Stay to the very end of the credits. It's worth it.

11. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I've been getting those for my son and the have indeed been good! I hope the Thor movie goes through.

I have concerns about the new Hulk movie...he was always a favorite of mine--my favorite major character--and the previews have him looking too CGI. But the Abomination was a favorite villain of mine (though they're conflating his history with another character's here).

12. MPC1257

MPC1257 New Member

arnisador

thanks for the heads up, i'll have to tie the wife to her seat.

Marty

13. wes tasker

wes tasker New Member

If you like JMS' writing, you should check out "Midnight Nation". Not a comic for the younger crowd, but it's really good.

-wes

14. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

Can't wait!

Already bought tickets for me and my wife for Saturday. Can't wait! [​IMG]

15. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

What's the imprint? Marvel?

16. Shaun

Shaun New Member

So I take it you guys think Robert Downey did a good job.

I am really looking forward to seeing it.

Without wishing to delve too deep into the hearts and minds of us FMA practitioners,I guess we all can identify with Iron man.

17. wes tasker

wes tasker New Member

Top Cow via his own Joe's Comic imprint. ISBN is 1582402728.

-wes

18. MPC1257

MPC1257 New Member

I think this was the best superhero movie to date.
    Robert Downey is Tony Stark. CGI was excellent.
    My wife actually liked it, which is a minor miracle.

We even stayed past the credits, although I had to explain the significance of it to my wife and son.

Marty

19. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Marvel mines more precious metal with `Iron Man 2'

20. pguinto

pguinto New Member

Iron Man 2? Since we get a cameo of War Machine (those of us in the know, also dont worry im not spoiling the end credits surprise), what's the likelihood of War Machine's 1st official appearance? Will Tony Stark have an accident and become a brooding paraplegic thereby activating War Machine? Time will tell...

i could see a thor movie, a capt america movie, even an avengers movie (xmen proved that group-based movies can do well), but i definitely cant see an Ant Man movie.

They should do a Franklin Richards/Power Pack movie or better yet Franklin Richards in Days of Future Present, which would establish the connection btwn the XMen and the FF

I would definitely love to see an Age of Apocalypse movie once more heroes get reintroduced. An Xmen Onslaught movie might work, with the current state of Professor X's transference in XMen3. The Onslaught saga can tie the FF, the Avengers, and the Xmen along with the Hulk, Thor, Submariner, the Punisher, Elektra, Spiderman, etc etc etc

Last edited: May 5, 2008