Introductions From Toronto

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by larry13767, Dec 1, 2011.

1. larry13767

larry13767 New Member

Hi,

I have lurked on this list for a while and thought I should do the right thing and introduce myself.

My name is Larry Mitchell. I live and work in Toronto for a internet based company. I am in my early 50s (old I know :) )

I have been studying martial arts since i was a teenager in a variety of things and have dan ranks in several. I have been a personal student of several fairly well known teachers. I study koryu jujutsu and I study a variety of Japanese sword systems, including Katori Shinto Ryu (Sugino branch), Ono-ha Itto Ryu and Yagayu Shinkage ryu (Kajitsuka branch)

Mostly since i am here for FMA I will talk about that. I have studied FMA for about 17 years and teach in downtown Toronto in the Dundas and Spadina area (Chinatown).

The style I study in Integral Trankada Aldabon Kali and I have been an indoor student under GM Gerry "Nonoy" Gallano for all that time.

Glad to meet all of you and if anyone is interested in coming by the class please message.

Thanks
    Larry Mitchell

2. medic

medic Junior Member

I have had the pleasure of speaking to some length with GM Gallano on the phone this past year. I was going to bring GM Tortal up to see him but unfortunately his visit to Canada fell through. I look forward to seeing GM GAllano in the future.

Shaun

3. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Welcome to FMATalk!

4. Frank Shekosky

Frank Shekosky New Member

Welcome to FMA talk!