Intro, Matthew

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by matthewkulow, Oct 29, 2009.

1. matthewkulow

matthewkulow New Member

Howdie all,

Well Since Im in Hawaii its Aloha, But what ever its all hello. Anyways Im new here, just trying to learn away around this forum. Ive been interested in FMA for about 5 years now. I first learned about from watching The Hunted starring Tommy Lee Jones and since then Ive been on a quest to finding a teacher. Suprisingly, my journey has taken to me the philippines where, believe it or not is where I met my wife. After finally bugging her enough, she talked to her father who in turned spoke to his brother who knows a "Thing or Two". We are planning on taking a trip back to the Philippines in March and while I am there Im hoping to maybe take a lesson or two in Balintawak while Im in Manila. Until then Im hoping to either find a teacher here in Hawaii or at least a training partner.

Like I said, Im new here so if you have any suggestions, ideas, comments, or places to train in the philippines please, let me know.!

Thanks all!

-Matthew

2. Hi Matthew,

Firstly, welcome to an excellent forum!

I commend you for the effort you have made to want to learn FMA.

I am an ex-pat who lives in Metro Manila. If you would like to meet up or would like to see some Bahad Zu'bu whilst your over just drop me a line nearer the time.

Simon.

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! A trip to the Phil. sounds great!

4. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Welcome and you should also be able to find some training in Hawaii if you look around! [​IMG]