Instructor Inquery

Discussion in 'Lightning Scientific Arnis' started by devil_tnp, Nov 29, 2007.

1. devil_tnp

devil_tnp New Member

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of Guro Norwilyn Ault. She teaches Lightning Scientific Arnis here by the Marine base in 29 Palms.

2. Batongbuhay

Batongbuhay New Member

Unfortunately we have no details regarding Guro Norwilyn Ault. She could have received her instructorship from a master who we still need to verify.

3. Ryno

Ryno New Member

Twenty Nine Palms, California? I haven't heard of her, but am not familiar with many of the old-timers' students who ended up teaching. Who did she train under?

4. devil_tnp

devil_tnp New Member

Not sure who she trained under. I was just doing a little homework before actually going to the school.

5. w0mbat

w0mbat New Member

devil_tnp, I'm also out here in the stumps. Where is this school located? I'm interested in getting more info about her and the school as well.

Thanks,

- Jack

6. devil_tnp

devil_tnp New Member

From what I was told Guro Ault teaches Lightning Scientific Arnis at Pure Force Martial Arts. Pure Force Martial Arts use to be at Luckie Park, but now they have a place on Adobe Rd. i think next to the florist shop.

7. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Myself and some of the other Lightning Instructors have sent off some e-mails
    to Pure Force Martial Arts(over the past few months) to try and establish who Guro Ault trained under ,but as of yet had no reply.
    We will continue to try and ascertain which Master she trained under.

8. Ryno

Ryno New Member

I just sent off a letter asking about Guro Ault's background in Lightning as well. I'll let you all know if I hear anything.

Ryan Greene
    LESKAS Seattle

9. devil_tnp

devil_tnp New Member

Thanks. I appreciate the help gentlemen.

10. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Thanks to Guro Ryan(a longtime personal student of Master Elmer Ybanez) for your help.

11. Ryno

Ryno New Member

Ryan,

Guro Ault studied LSA at the head quarters in the Philippines. She came to PFMA by way of her husband who is a Military staff member with us. Lyn moved here to be with her husband in summer 2006. Sadly Mrs. Ault is busy working full time aboard the 29 Palms Marine Corps base and does not currently have time to instruct LSA. We do have a stick program running but it isn't LSA. We are currently running classes in Siete Pares Escrima which is the style our Weapons Director, Master David Modzak , teaches. Siete Pares classes are Tuesdays & Thursdays at 8:00pm. If you would like more information on Siete Pares you can contact Master Modzak directly at masterdave@adcmartialarts.com.

Thank you,
    GM Craig Carter PFMA

12. Ryno

Ryno New Member

Still not exactly an answer to my question of exactly where she studied, but in any case it doesn't look like she's teaching.

13. Batongbuhay

Batongbuhay New Member

Yes. We have tried to re-establish contact with Ms. Ault or is it her married name? It might be easier if we also knew her maiden name and where and who she trained under. "LSAI Headquarters" is a very vague statement.

14. Ryno

Ryno New Member

Is there an actual LSAI headquarters? Would that be Patty's (or Jun's)house? Besides the Lema family being in charge of LSAI, and it's organizational board, it is actually a decentralized organization as far as clubs go. I mean, we've got MK, UP Diliman, Sunday School, Maestro Santos' several groups, Maestro Bert's group, Maestro Shaun's group, etc., etc. Unless one of you senior guys can clarify, I didn't think that there was an actual headquarters-club.

I'm guessing that this guy really has no clue about her credentials. She's from the PI, and apparently has trained in Lightning, so that's all that he knows. I also find it humorous that they mis-spell Lightning numerous times on their website:

SSS Lightening Arnis Director Guru Norwilyn "Lyn" Ault

15. Batongbuhay

Batongbuhay New Member

no record

hello Craig, can you be more specific about "LSA headquarters"? It is too vague a statement since LSA has no physical HQ but rather is composed of different clubs that teach Lightning Arnis. These clubs are headed by recognized Masters as provided in a list on one of the threads here.

can you pm me regarding how i can get in touch with mrs ault?

Jon Escudero
    Secretary General
    Lightning Scientific Arnis International

16. Ryno

Ryno New Member

Hey Jon,

That was a cut and paste that I did from an e-mail that I received from Craig. If you'd like his e-mail, it is directorcarter@pureforcemartialarts.com You might want to shoot him an e-mail directly if you'd like to follow up on this issue. Thanks for looking into things, Guro.

Ryan

17. mutyangmandirigma

mutyangmandirigma New Member

Hi there,

This is Guro Lyne Ault, i personally trained with GM Vic Sanchez. To Jon Escudero we've met before actually many times. Right now i've been busy working but still training and teaching at the time. I will be having a summer class this year.
    I wanna comment bout the LSAI HQ here in US that is actually a misunderstanding. I'm under GM Vic Sanchez so its Kali Arnis International HQ. But still the style that i am teaching is Lightning Arnis.

18. Batongbuhay

Batongbuhay New Member

Hello! thank you for clarifying the misuderstanding. Welcome to the forum!

19. Shaun

Shaun New Member

As Batongbuhay says.Welcome to the Lightning Scientific Arnis forum.

Hope to see some posts from you.

20. Banakun

Banakun New Member

Hahahaha... thank God this is a closed book! Hahahahaha....

Welcome to the forum Ms. Ault!