Inosanto in PA

Discussion in 'Seminars & Camps' started by Pnoyninja, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Pnoyninja

Pnoyninja New Member

October 14 & 15, 2006
    Guro Dan Inosanto in McMurray, PA
    For more information contact the Pennsylvania Karate Academy at 724/941- 4900.

2. ajs1976

ajs1976 New Member

3. ajs1976

ajs1976 New Member

Is anyone from FMAT going to this seminar?

4. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Alas, I would love to but I have a seminar with a good friend from Japan coming in. Otherwise Guro Dan's seminars have always been great and if you get a chance you have to simply go! Good luck!

5. Brock

Brock Asha'man

I'll be there. I think today was the deadline to have your pre-registration postmarked. Here's a link to a flyer if anyone can make some last minute plans: http://www.clevelandjkd.com/events.htm plus Mr. Garon's number is on it if you would like to call to see if you can make arrangements for a late entry.

6. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Just one more week until this seminar! Anyone else going to be there?

7. ajs1976

ajs1976 New Member

I will be there for Saturday.

8. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Great see you there. I'll be the guy with the double dazed look on his face. First daze for the "getting up at 4 AM to drive in for the seminar" and the second daze for the "I have no idea what's going on, but give me half a day and I should catch up". I'm not very talented, but I am persistent.

9. ajs1976

ajs1976 New Member

I will be just as dazed. So far my FMA training has come in the form of just 2 seminars and I will probably be up in the middle of the night with one or both of my girls at least once.

10. Brock

Brock Asha'man

I know that feeling too.

11. ajs1976

ajs1976 New Member

What did you think of the seminar? I wish I could have gone to both days. coming from a TKD/Boxing background the JKD/Muay Thai/Silat material on Saturday morning was a little easier for me to pick up.

I am going to talk to a local Inosanto instructor about picking up some classes at his school.

12. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Guro Inosanto was amazing for only getting in at 3:50 that morning huh? I loved the padwork we did Satuday morning. Dinner that night was awesome. We did a lot of Silat takedowns and more stickwork Sunday. Finished off with some knife work.

If you liked the stickwork we did on Saturday it was based off of Atillo Balintawak, I'm working on hosting him at my school at some point next year.

I don't know if you picked up the flyer for the Cass Magda seminar in Cleveland, but he also puts on a pretty good seminar and I've had the oppurtunity to train with the Ohio guys and they're a kick in the pants as well. We were all in the upper right hand corner when you were facing the front of the seminar.

13. ajs1976

ajs1976 New Member

I would like to go to Cass Magda seminar, but with Christmas and my TKD BB test, I need to hold off on the seminars for a little while. It is getting expensive.

How far is your school from pittsburgh?

14. Brock

Brock Asha'man

I think about 150 miles away. It takes me about 3 hours (depending on traffic) to get there. I'm making the trip there tomorrow actually to take my wife to see a doctor at Presby, so if I pay attention I can give a more accurate estimate.