"Inosanto Blend" videos

Discussion in 'JKD-Kali' started by Doc, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Doc

Doc New Member

Hey Guys!

I'm new to FMA talk and this is my first post. Seems like a nice place! :)
    I've done various aspects of the FMAs for quite awhile now, but have never stuck to any one "style" or "system." I'm following the Dog Brother's method right now and really like it. But I am also interested in becoming better grounded in the more "traditional" approach. I have Guro Inosanto's series of videos on the FMAs that was done some years back. Recently I noted that Guro Rick Tucci has a series of DVDs covering the Inosanto method that looks pretty comprehensive, and seems to have been produced with the idea of guiding the student thru a specific curriculum. Has anyone seen this series? Would this be a good series of DVDs to use to go through the essentials of the "Inosanto/Lacoste Blend of Kali"? Or would someone have other videos to recommend? Thanks!

Keith P. Myers

2. DAMAG-INC

DAMAG-INC New Member

You're on a good start with the Rick Tucci tapes.

3. Doc

Doc New Member

Thanks for the feedback!

Keith

4. mronkain

mronkain New Member

Also, guro Inosanto's tapes are now on DVD as well, plus there's new DVDs. The whole set of nine DVDs are available here.
    Or for individual disks, look here.

If anyone has got those already, please post comments.

- Marko

5. Patrick McCarthy

Patrick McCarthy New Member

Hi Keith,

By any chance RU the translator of Hans Wurm's Ringbuch?

Season's Greetings

Patrick McCarthy

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I don't think I know this book?

7. Doc

Doc New Member

Yep! That was me! :) And I did the medieval combat book that is reviewed on the ARMA website. That was a long time ago. :)

Keith

8. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

I'll offer another vote for Guro Tucci's videos. I think they are excellent.

9. Silence_sucks

Silence_sucks New Member

The definitive inosanto collection are fantastic but you probably do not want to fork out the 600 or so dollars for the entire collection but you can find fma volume one, jun fun kickboxing and definive dumog floating around on torrent sites, well worth the few days download wait.

10. jus_dann

jus_dann New Member

i have the tucci tapes, personaly i think they are a little dry but very comperhensive. believe it or not, i feel that barry cuda`s dynamic kali videos would be very easy for a beginner to pick up on.ron balicki&dianan inosanto videos arent bad either as well as felix valencia`s(although he tends to stick to blade work - from what i`ve seen)
    if the interest for silat is there, try the 6DVD set combat silat by victor detharous or the pentjak silat serrok 2 vol set. some really good stuff there.

11. Brock

Brock Asha'man

I have the Valenicia "Ground Struggles" Video and I agree that they are very good, but they cover LAMENCO Eskrima. I haven't seen the Balicki Dianne Inosanto videos, but they are also from the Century Vision/Panther Premium line and as I've said in another post, I've been quite pleased with all of the videos I've gotten from that line FMA and non-FMA.